Road Grip:

Rs. 45,357 (Ex-Showroom)

Kinetic

coimbatore india
Hi-tec but not upto the mark
Nov 07, 2002 05:24 AM 5022 Views
(Updated Nov 07, 2002 05:24 AM)

Road Grip:

Ride it or burn, that's what the slogan says. The truth is I was burnt after riding it. I got astride with all high hopes of this being one beautiful ride and was disappointed right from the start. Maybe the bike I got was bad or this is the overall standard, but it wasn't up to the mark. Not even close.

The sound is lovely, as is the technology of a four valve engine. the chassis is good, though I couldn't test it to the limits. The instrument panel is attractive and looks functional and stylish all in one.

Now here's where it sucks.

Pick up.... now where did that run away to? I've had better starts. It really is sluggish. 12bhp is good for a 125 cc engine but it lacks the drive.

Braking: Disc brake standard fitment. Cool. But when it comes to stopping I thought I was on a bike with drum brakes that got loose.

Electric start: really handy in traffic, especially at signals. It also adds the advantage of getting a remote starter if wanted.

Suspension: Firm. Well I did ride a new bike so it would have been firm. Only long term tests will tell.

Kinetic GF125