Road Grip:

Rs. 1,65,000 (Ex-Showroom)

Kinetic

Hyosung Comet - My view
Nov 25, 2004 04:17 PM 15740 Views
(Updated Nov 25, 2004 04:17 PM)

Road Grip:

With setting a great expectation from Autoshow (CNBC), I spotted one at our nearest Kinetic dealer.

The bike looks like a Ducati Monster, good with the large frame, but the Kinetic imprint looks a bit awkward.

Pricing is too high, but it's ok because of the high import tax - Thanks to our Govt.

I was happy with many features (all regular features available in most of the magazines and discussion). However one feature that is making my hesitate is that of twin carbeurattor. I would've given a thought of buying this if it were a fuel injection. Moreover the engine placement doesn't seem to be perfect V. One of the cylinder is slightly adjacently opposite to other and they don't seem to be V90. (I don't know if Hyosung claims engine to be V90).

They have limited colors, green, yellow, red and black which is more than sufficient. Company is trying to sell this product and have targetted most of the IT guys. I've seen their campaign once in the IT highway in Chennai. Price seems to be around 1.7L+ and Kinetic claims to service this bike (I don't know how). When I enquired on Aquila (when it was launched) Kinetic didn't take responsibility to service Aquila which seems to be a good sign of improvement.

Comet - A good package that helps one to feel the modern sportsbike with slightly cheaper price.

Cheers