Originality:

Something good about it
Oct 17, 2003 02:04 AM 12603 Views
(Updated Oct 17, 2003 02:04 AM)

Originality:

The expectations were collosal from this movie. After all it is from a great banner, has the best star cast ever and is the come back vehicle for shahrukh, the next big one for preity and saif's first release post a very succesful act in dil chatha hai.

the first time I heard the music I was quick to trash it except for the title song. however, the more I hear the music, the more it grew on me and sure enough even a song I fast forwarded earlier (pretty woman) had me hooked. the pick of the album in my opinion is the title track which is soulful and not loud. great lyrics, great rendering.

''mahe ve'' is snappy and definately grows on you. the sad version of the title track is a good listen as well and I am sure when the movie releases would get to be even more popular. (remember how ''saajan ji ghar aaye'' from kuch kuch hota hai caught everyones fancy ONLY after the movie released). ''kuch to hua hai'' according to me is the worst song in the album . its grey, dull and sounds like any other song from another ''romantic'' movie. very mandatory tune.

a lot of people might think i'm nuts for saying this but ''its the time to disco'' is the one which rocks! honestly, hear it twice before you come to an opinion. vasundhra das is great in this song. for a change the pronunciation of english in a hindi song is not twisted... but that apart, I am sure the picturisation of this song would make it or break it and given farah khan's skills, its a given that the chereography would be top notch.

the instrumental track is a dil chahtha wannabe but is great nontheless. finally, the rip off song ''pretty woman''! will someone tell the lads making this movie that the song is passe. pretty woman came and went over 10 years back. dont they get it? the bhangra beat is infectious though.... and would catch your fancy. all in all a decent album guys. I read some of the reviews on the album and I thought that this album is not 1/10 as bad as its made out to be. it blends with the movie and is a departure from the kind of music SEL generally churn out. I predict that after dil chahtha hai, this is going to be theie biggest success. the movie is an assured blockbuster guys, with all the hype and the amazing ensemble of actors. enjoy !!!

Write a Review on Kal Ho Naa Ho Songs