M-67, Connaught Circus, Connaught Palace, Delhi 110001, DL

+91-9136666820, +91-11-23411580

Delhi India
Great Location Average Services!
Dec 15, 2016 08:56 AM 2095 Views

Kake Da Hotel has been running at the Connaught Place area of Delhi for over 15 years now. I have seen this eatery standing the test of time and offering delicious food to its customers. A great place for non-veg lovers in the past, this hotel now surely lacks the panache which it once had.

Very recently, I ventured into this hotel with some of my friends and was immediately taken aback by the poor level of hygiene here. I could see a lot of dirty plates lying on the emptied tables and even the furniture looked weary. The chairs and the tables were not properly dusted as well. When we asked the waiter to dust our table, he did that with reluctance. The service here is very slow and the staff sometimes extremely rude. Adding to that, the place is frequented by a lot of alcoholics at night and the crowd certainly is not the most welcoming during that time. If you have girls in your group, you better stay away from this eatery.

Coming to the food, I decided to have some Dal Makhani and it was good. I would not rate it as top-notch, since it was very spicy and the dal itself was thin. However, the overall taste was above average. The portion size did not justify the high-prices of the dishes either. My friends opted for the chicken curry. They complained the waiter about the chicken not evenly cooked. It was burnt from a few sides and uncooked from the other. The Palak Paneer too did not impress me much. A few pieces of the paneer were completely burnt and had a dark-brownish hue to them. The kitchen in this hotel used approximately the same gravy for Butter chicken and Shahi Paneer, which was quite odd.

The waiters here are literally a diverted audience. You have to shout a lot of times to get their attention. Kake Da Hotel is more like your typical'roadside dhaba' than a proper hotel. The hygiene of this eatery is low, the service slow and the waiters are indifferent. Still, if you want to grab a piece of some non-veg items here, make sure you visit this place in the afternoon.

Kake Da Hotel - Connaught Place - Delhi