Was the tour operator helpful:

Sep 10, 2011 08:17 PM 4943 Views

Was the tour operator helpful:

Tour Guide Expertise:

Travel Convenience:

Here is my previous review about kpn travels:

After the above incident, I did not travel again with KPN travels. But recently due to an emergency I had to use KPN travels which was again a very costly mistake. They charge in terms of thousand for travel but the experience is always annoying.

I traveled to Karaikal from Bangalore  in a a/c semi sleeper bus on Sep 6th 2011. We boarded the bus at Wilson garden, bangalore at 9.45pm and it started at about 10.45pm due to parcel service operations. The bus crossed Hosur only at about 11.45pm.

Later I got up around 12.30pm as the a/c was switched off. The bus made big noise as it ran over a median of the road. This happened with no external factors and we guess that it is  because the driver slept while driving. The gear box got damaged due to  this and a brake failure too. Later the driver used a cello-tape to  temporarily fix this and continued the driving.

At about 5.30am  next morning, the bus stopped 160kms before Karaikal in a village and we  were asked to wait until the mechanic comes from Vilupram &  rectifies the problems or use public transportation. Finally we reached  Karaikal by means of  public transportation at about 3.00pm which we should have reached by  8.00am in the morning.

With the recent Vellore  bus accident in which 20 people died, this trip became a scary trip for  all of us in the bus. The management was irresponsible for any queries  and they denied to refund the full ticket amount(they agree only to  half the amount refund).

Apart from the above mentioned fact, other problems are listed below:

• No proper toilet facility

• low quality bedsheets in a/c coaches

• less number of bedsheets compared to the number of passengers traveling

• 2-4hrs delay in travel time because of combining parcel and passenger services

• clubbing multiple bus passengers in to one

• Poor bus conditions

• taking risk with single driver for long routes and cleaners not trained to manage emergency time

The emergency numbers provided by KPN travels was useless as it was always unanswered and the calls to 0427-2222 222 was answered by some manager who responded in a rude way mentioning that the bus has brought us till half way and hence he can only refund half the ticket. But how about the problems, the passengers faced? How about the losses due to delay in travel and abrupt break in the trip? Who will consider the trauma we all  had undergone the whole night and the next day until we reached Karaikal.

We are planning to fight against KPN travels legally.

I  sincerely request KPN travels management to take  actions for the above mentioned problems. I request public to stay away  from such private travels who does not care about people's life. Safety  must be first!

Write a Review on KPN Travels India - Bangalore