35 Tips

The Blore scene !
Oct 13, 2004 04:42 PM 7343 Views
(Updated Oct 13, 2004 04:42 PM)

The Practice of reading books have shown a sharp decline in recent years, more so in my home state in Karnataka . Most of my friends and relatives are more hooked into Cable Television and'socializing' . For the best all round development of a child, reading books is a MUST apart from the regular physical activity .

When I encountered Mouthshut.com last month I was amazed by the huge thriving community of book readers, a sizable amount from B'lore . These days buying books from book stores are an expensive proposition . The next best thing is to rent out books from the local library . And I want to share with you a great discovery I made 2 months back - EasyLib.com a great online library in Blore( Koramangala) .

U can Visit easylib.com and browse through their huge collection . The search can be made based either on Category or Title or Author . Indian writing, classics, soft romance, periodicals, comics, Thrillers, Biographies, Sports, Lifestyle are some of the many categories they have . The premium charge per book is 20% of the discounted value of the book.

The best part is that at a nominal cost of Rs 7 the books would be delivered to your workplace( or even home)! The monthly cost works out to be roughly Rs 100( minimum) during which you can read almost 5 good novels . I would say its worth the money . Also if you dont find the book you want, you can always recommend! I recommended The Rule of Four and voila the book was with me in 2 weeks time!

There is a brief description about each book( missing in some cases), but what is missing is how the book actually is, a review or rating by members( for which I have to revert to mouthshut.com!) .

But then there is a certain genre of books which you would like to include in your library . In that case the best thing is to go around Commercial Street Junction or CMH Road( Indiara nagar) and bargain( and bargain hard!) . Da Vinci and Fountainhead got for Rs 70( asking for Rs 100) . The more expensive route is Indiatimes.com( though u get great discounts if you become a member)

So what are you waiting for! If you are in Blore, open IE and type in easylib.com!

Happy reading!