Plot:

Performance:

Music:

Cinematography:

I hate working with Girls!!!!
Sep 20, 2005 08:33 PM 2494 Views
(Updated Sep 20, 2005 08:33 PM)

Plot:

Performance:

Music:

Cinematography:

“Weekend ko kaunsa film dekha?” she asked me.

James.” I didn’t turn back to answer that. We incidentally work in the same cubicle. Working with her for the last 2 months, I prayed that this should be the last project where I should work with girls. Believe me! She is sick! See how she disturbs me…….

“How’s it?” Probably she had less work; but I got lots of things pending on me. And to start a discussion the film now! No! I don’t have the time.

“Will send you in mail!”

Towards evening, when she reminded me my promise, I drafted a short one:

The film has its share of TRILL,

The action passed an occasional SHRILL,

Hero-heroine combo did a little CHILL,

………

The rhyme in my nursery was JACK ‘n’ JILL.

Sorry! koi aur line jaa nahi rahi thi!

I knew that she wouldn’t have liked that joke copied from KHNH. She turned back.

“Hey copycat! Write something original!”

“When Ramu Gopal Varma himself doesn’t mind in copying, why do you bother me? Anyway, I can’t write original stuff. Fine! Now, leave me, I have got work to finish.”

“Story kya hai?” She was beside me now. Ohhff! This girl won’t leave me cool!

One guy hurts another. The third fellow just watches. This film wants to tell that, more than the guy who is hurting, the guy who is voluntarily getting himself hurt is a bigger criminal and the guy who is plainly seeing all this is even more so. Into the city full of villains, comes a perfect guy, who defies against all the crime and injustice. The same ages-old out-dated theme! Serious situations, serious performances and some Mumbai pub-culture make a not-so-bad masala-flick.

“Hey! The hero looks hot in the promos!”

So what! To keep her away, I tried to give a quick run on all aspects of the film:

Mohit was good in his physique, though his body language needs more sophistication. Playing the protagonist, he was short of delivering the dialogues sternly, i.e. heroically. He was softer than necessary in some scenes. His characterization too wasn’t interesting. But, Nisha was hot.” I was in my highest spirits while I was telling about Nisha. “She was just hot, but………. not striking enough. Frankly speaking, her role was unsuitable for the film. The innocence that was needed for the character got spoilt because of the pub-culture she was put into by the script-writer. Trying to make it authentic, they let characterization-adaptability go haywire. Both of them have got perfect poster looks; and good characterizations could have added more value to their looks. But…. it’s their bad luck! But to tell more about Nisha………

“And………what about the villains?” this girl interrupted. Somehow, I enjoyed the idea of she getting jealous of Nisha, as I had a chance to proceed through this review quickly.

Zakir Hussain did a good job with his subtleties. The central villain (donno his name) too was good. But what made all the villains look just like usual were the damp characterizations. The back ground score was loud and noisy most of the time. The songs were not so bad. ‘Suraj ki kiranon’ was well composed; though the picturisation of the same reminded me of ‘Naach re’ from ‘Naach’. Other songs were routine and the title song was spoilt with the inefficient performance by the inexpressive Riya Sen. Most of the shot-making was similar to RGV’s previous films. So this film hardly got anything unusual about the cinematography. But some action scenes (by Peter Haynes) stand out: like the ‘Qualis’ turn-n-skid scene, Mohit running in the rain to reach his friend, some fights in the pre-interval, etc. The script was obviously the main culprit of the film. Barring some comedy sequences, it wasn’t gripping. Rohit Jugraj’s direction leaves no scope for critics to rave about his debut. The things that were expected to come together well did not even sync with the film.

“You seem to hate the film very much!”

“No! I don’t hate it, but I didn’t find anything to rave about it. Neither striking scenes nor twists!”

“No twists?”

“None!”

“Shall I give you one?”

“You……….”

“When did you see the film?”

“Sunday!”

“I saw it on Saturday.”

So, out of my busy work, I was telling about a film which she has already seen! I hate…….. I literally hate working with girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One Line: If you are busy and have heavy schedules, this film is worth a skip! And that’s what I meant through this review.

James