Plot:

Music:

Cinematography:

It aint Bond...James Bond
Sep 18, 2005 05:05 PM 3162 Views
(Updated Sep 18, 2005 05:05 PM)

Plot:

Performance:

Music:

Cinematography:

After watching James, I thought of reviewing it in the form of an imaginative interview b/w a journalist and RGV

J: Why have you chosen such a clichéd plot for this movie?

RGV: (thinking to himself) You see, after making all sorts of experimental movies like Bhoot, Jungle, D, Company, Sarkaar and what you will, tackling a simple love story like James was a challenge for me. I have forgotten what it is like to produce a run-of-the-mill story.

(Aloud he says). Who says James has a clichéd plot. It has a different story.

J: Really! What is the story of James?

RGV sits stunned for a while then recovers and says: The story is great. It is about a do gooder standing up against the evil forces.

J: Oh! That means it is the same old story.

RGV: No, no! Here the protagonist is from Goa instead of being a bhola bhala gaon ka chhora and the girl is a model instead of being only a college student. And of course, the main villain is not a Bhai. It is the Bhai ka bhai.

J: But why has the heroine exposed so much?

RGV: Madam! Our costume budget was slashed by half. So, she had to sacrifice her clothes. But she is not the only one. Mohit, gallantly, offered to keep her company. You can see he is topless most of the times too.

J (drools) Ooh! Mohit is a hunk.

RGV: See! You should give me credit for unleashing hunks on the Hindi film buffs from time to time. Right from Nagarjuna in Shiva, Chakravarty in Satya, Vivek in Company, Randeep Hooda in ‘D’ to Mohit Ahlawat in James.

J (sarcastically):Of course, none except Vivek have really made a name in Bollywood. But that is a different story.

RGV: You have given me the idea for my next film. It shall star all my above finds and it will be called “Names”

J: And, why have you shown so much blood and violence? Did the censor board not object?

RGV: You see, I promised Soha Ali Khan a role in my next movie. So, I got the censor certificate. And you have to admit that the action scenes are really good. And Mohit is great in them.

J (drools again): Ooh, Mohit!

J: What about the debutant director, Rohit Jugraj?

RGV: All credit to Rohit for stretching a non-existent plot into a full-fledged movie. I, I mean for directing such a hatke movie.

J: I must admit that the music is good though it lacks originality and seems inspired by Rehman tunes.

RGV: Yes, the music is really great. And Riya Sen is cool in the item song.

J: So, what do you have to say to the audience?

RGV: This movie is best watched with friends. Coz that will give boys the freedom to drool over Nisha and the girls to drool over that Geek oops sorry, Greek God Mohit Ah-luv-it. So, do watch James at a theatre near you.

J: Thank you!