Quality of Service:

United States Immigration Dept!
Jun 20, 2002 09:38 AM 13846 Views
(Updated Jun 20, 2002 09:38 AM)

Quality of Service:

Some General Advice about the US Immigration Department.

Ten Tips to winning an Immigration case

1.Make sure you read and fill out everything on your Immigration papers. If you don’t understand a question make sure you ask an attorney that deals with US immigration, or call an appropriate government agent.

2.Make sure you always send the correct fee for your application. Sometimes it can take up to 30 days until they can return your papers back to you. This will only delay your process, and your time might run out.

3.Make sure you make your timely deadline, if you don’t you might not get a VISA for another 5-10 years.

4.Make sure you send all documents to the correct address

5.Make sure your priority date is correct. If you don’t have the correct date, or send it too soon you might be rejected by the Immigration Department.

6.Make sure you get a receipt for everything you pay for. Sometimes those agency’s seem to lose important papers and if you have no way to prove you paid it then it is your lose. So make sure you use a check or money order.

7.NEVER send original documents.

8.If a case is returned to you for more information, make sure that you respond to it even if you sent the information already.

9.If you have a time limit that they gave you about your case and you have not heard back from them about it by that time make sure you contact them immediately, and always keep a record of who you talked too, and when you called.

10.Cheaper is not always better. Sometimes you should pay a little more for your lawyer then you will get better service.

General Thoughts about a Visa

The Immigration Department is a good thing. Each country doesn’t want others to come into their country and just over populate it and then push others out. We need this type of company to help protect our country from those who want to come here and do harmful things. We do however allow students to come to the US and learn and get better education, and we do allow others to come and after awhile become a citizen of the US. I can understand why some people want to visit here and I think that it should be easier for them to get a VISA if they are just visiting. However some might believe that once they are here they will not return back to their country and consider them a flight risk.

I don’t know too much about our Immigration Department, since I have never needed to use it. However I do know that a friend of mine was unable to get a VISA to come visit the US from Bulgaria just because he didn’t own his own home, land, or have a job. They wouldn’t give him one for those reasons they said that he could be a flight risk once he is here. If we look at how some of those who were the ones who attacked the US by allowing them into our country and allowing them to be educated on flying, and then look what happened. So I can understand to a point how we do need this type of protection. There is just one thing I don’t understand and that is why doesn’t the US citizens need to get a Visa to enter other countries, but they need one to enter ours? To me this isn’t so fair; heck who knows an American can be a terrorist just as well as an immigrant can be right?

I have heard stories of some people coming to America on a VISA, but once they enter an airport they are taken aside and then harassed and sent back to their own country. I don’t understand why? I also know that if you live in the USA and you marry someone from another country that doesn’t always guarantee that they will also be allowed to enter the US. I have heard that if you do come to the USA and you marry a US Citizen you are more then likely able to stay here, but you will be under a microscope from the INS and they will keep tabs on you to make sure that your marriage is legal and that it wasn’t a sham to keep that person here and not be deported back. There are so many ways that you can get a VISA not just for visitation, but you can get a work visa, a education visa, a marriage visa, a Fiancé visa and much more. I guess the INS also holds some sort of Green Card lottery, not so sure how that works, but I guess they give so many people a VISA from other countries if they win that lottery?

I know this isn’t a real long review, and I didn’t go into to much detail about this department, but I still wanted to give my thoughts on how it works. Remember if you want to come here make sure you fill out all information and don’t be late and follow instructions and get a good lawyer. I’m sure its going to be much harder now for others to enter the US since the attacks, but please don’t let this stop you from trying. If you want to visit here please try to do so, and I would love to have a few MS members that I have met from India and Canada and Australia come visit here in the USA

Write a Review on Immigration Dept.