Medical Care:

3376, Near PCL Chowk, IVY Hospital, Lakhnaur Pind Road, Sector 71, Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar, Mohali 160071, PB

+91-172-7170000

IVY hospital Mohali is just a business center.
Jan 14, 2019 07:05 PM 2825 Views

Medical Care:

IVY hospital Mohali is just a business center IVY is one of the worse hospital I have ever seen. I lost my younger sister in this hospital just because of doctors and ward staff negligence. I request all the people please never enter this hospital if you want love ones alive these peoples are only money minded. They have nothing to do with patients and their relative’s pain. We admitted my sister in this hospital on 16th October 2018 for pituitary tumor surgery. On 22nd October Dr.vineet saggar did her surgery and everything went fine. But that night was very horrible for her in the general neurosurgical ward because the nurses in the ward and even class 4 did not understand her problem. She had a stuffing in her nose and was breathing through throat so she was feeling very thirsty and also suffering from severe headache which was expected this surgery but staff in the ward didn’t provide her water. They were more interested in sleeping than doing their duty. They also refused to put a jug of water near by her. Next day early morning we received a call from the hospital my sister was crying badly. We rushed there and complaint to the doctor but he took his staff side. After that things went right and on 27th October she was discharged with not a single instruction by them. Is this expected after such a major surgery and in such a big hospital? They didn’t told us about the precautions to be taken. On 31st October she had a watery discharge from her nose like a tap. My father called the doctor and he advised to admit her in emergency. It took six hours for in to bring her to hospital rom kangra(himachal Pradesh). They reached hospital at midnight 2AM and my sister was admitted in emergency and then shifted to ICU. Next day Doctor told us that it is CSF leak there is a risk of infection entering in the brain. He said that 99% it can be treated with medicines and 1% chances of reoperation. We were relaxed to hear that. She was not allowed to sit and take a pillow and raise her head. After two days she was shifted to general ward .On 6th November 2018 she had a fever and headache doctor told us that some infection had entered brain so they again shifted her to ICU. Antibiotics started and doctors said that as infection will decrease she will be ok. It happened too and again she was shifted to general ward but the main problem of headache and csf leak was still there. she was depending on others for every need as she was not allowed to sit. many times her lunch and tea has gone back just because she was sleeping and nurses didn’t care for her hunger and needs.as attendant is not allowed in this hospital so they are free to do any kind of behavior with patients. Doctor was just giving the medicines and nothing was improving. many times in visiting hours we found my sister crying. On 12 November doctor did her MRI head which should had done very earlier of her admission but he was more interested in making money .after MRI doctor said that there is a problem and another operation is required. He said that will take 30-45 minutes only. On 16 November another surgery was done and it took three hours we don’t know what complications were there as doctor said that it was fine. That night she was in ICU and next day again shifted to general ward she was having headache but after injections getting relief. But from 31st December she had a continuous and persistent headache for three days. She daily told the doctor about it and he was just changing the injections which were giving her no relief. She ate nothing three days due to this severe headache. Doctor didn’t tried to find the main cause for it. She also vomit once about which nurses and doctor in the ward were not aware we can imagine how responsible persons they are. On 4th December morning I was trying to call her but her mobile was switch off. When we reached hospital I Was shocked to see her. She was in subconscious condition. She was not opening her eyes and not saying anything. When I talked to nurse she said that my sister was having a fever. I tried to talk to my sister but she didn’t reply after 30 minutes Dr. saggar came in the ward and said that infection had entered the brain and again shifted her to ICU.it all happened in their observation. Can you believe that a delicate procedures like inserting centre line and taking sample from spine all was done in the general ward where every kind of patients are there and there is a lot of risk of infection in these procedures .In ICU we were not allowed to meet her more than five minutes. We don’t know what treatment they were giving. After CT head doctor said that bacteria had damaged her small portion of brain and it will take time for recovery how much time cant say. On 7 December when we reached hospital they were taking her for CT head again. They said that in the morning my sister fall un conscious and having a problem in breathing. But they did not inform us about it. After CT my sister had a cardiac arrest nd they put her on ventilator. Whole day she was on ventilator and in the night at 11PM she was declared dead she was in this hospital for 37days where nothing went right and in last we lost her. It all happened just because of negligence. Every time doctor said that she is ok. I must say that nurses in the ward are untrained inexperienced. They don’t want to do their duties for which they are getting the salaries and patients coming here paying huge money. I lost my sister but don’t want this thing happen to anyone. So I request everyone prefer govt. hospital but never go to these disgusting and money making hospitals. They don’t care for lives.

Write a Review on IVY Hospital - Mohali