Accessibility:

Worth one-time visit
Jan 08, 2016 12:14 PM 4086 Views

Accessibility:

Aesthetic value:

During my last Christmas holidays in Bangalore, one of the places I had listed to visit was the ISKCON temple. After having seen the beautiful temple in Delhi, I wanted to visit this one.

I had read certain reviews prior to visiting this place and many spoke about the place had become commercialized etc. However, I did not find anything like that.

Of course, while entering the temple, one of the counter persons called us and advised, if we pay Rs. 300/- we can perform some Pooja, for certain other we have to pay some other amount etc, we politely denied and asked him, what if we just wish to have Darshan, he was not upset and simply, told us to proceed.

The entire temple building looked built very beautifully, though its kind of difficult to get an entire view. I also felt the lotus temple in Delhi, looked better.The main temple, inside, has beautiful statues of Lord Radha & Krishna and various pictures on the roof showing various 'Raas-Leelas' in the life of lord Krishna.

People chant Hare Rama Hare Krishna and there was a Kirtan being played in a light tone - the entire environment was nice and holy. One feels totally at peace.

Location:This temple is situated in Rajaji Nagar in Yeshwantpur, little away from the main Bangalore City. However, well connected. We took a rick to reach to this place, one can also travel by own vehicle and the temple has its own parking place.

Khichdi is served as Prasad. We also had the free lunch(prasad) that is being served from 11:30-2 pm. It was quite well organised and decent food was served.

As you walk-out of the temple, you would be directed towards various stalls selling Holy books, merchandise, idols, snacks, sweets and so on. I don't find that can be categorized as 'being commercialized' as nobody is forcing you to buy any stuff.

People can always buy some things as a memento/souvenir as gifts to your loved ones. Like we brought Pedhas, which were really delicious, pack of 10 small gold-plated Krishna idols, which looked very beautiful.

Tip: As a tourist, we also wanted to have a metro-ride in Bangalore. I would suggest after you are done with the temple, you can walk a little further to Sandal Soap Factory Metro Station and book yourself a ticket until Mantri Square Sampige Road Station. There is also Orion Mall and Big Bazar, very near by to the temple, in case you would like to shop.

Write a Review on ISKCON Temple - Bangalore