Readability:

IKIGAI - Hector Garcia
Feb 11, 2020 02:49 PM 402 Views

Readability:

Story:

There are some books which inspire us and actually prove to become a life changing tool for you, and one such book is IKIGAI by Hector Garcia and Francesc Mirales. IKIGAI is a Japanese concept and shows us how to find purpose of your life, value relationships, drive your passions. The book can be a guide about taking a pause from regular routine and do things that will give us a long and happy life.

Author stresses on finding our own IKIGAI, and one of the best quote in the book is "To live is the rarest thing in the world, most people just exist that's all", we must quest to know how to live rather than just exist.

He gives an outlook to practice simple things like practice gratitude(which I have more consciously started to implement) connect more with people, smile, laugh and spend your time in the present without dwelling much into the past.

The chapter I loved the most is FIND FLOW IN EVERYTHING YOU DO and how to get into the flow-

Knowing what to do Knowing how to do it Knowing how well you are doing Knowing where to go Perceiving significant challenges Perceiving significant skill

Being free from distractions

Author also emphasizes on ideas to create space and how to keep our distractions away?

Do not look to any screen for first and last hour of your day.

Spend time at a café with zero WI-FI

Trial of the POMODORO technique and commit to working on one single task

Train your mind to be in present. Practice mindfulness.

Bundle your routine task and do all of them at once

Turn of your phone before you achieve your flow.

Choose a day in a week for Internet fasting.

Read/respond email once/twice per day, define times and stick to it.

Author also shares on healthy eating habits, keeping all junk away and the benefits of sipping green tea(which am sure many of us do here).Trying to keep my review short ?? As the previous reviews on this book here, urged me to read this. The ideas mentioned may seem very basic and elementary, but definitely something we all need to practice. I wish to conclude sharing the 10 rules of IKIGAI -

Stay active, do not retire

Take it slow:

Don’t fill your stomach

Surround yourself with good friends

Get in shape for your next birthday

Smile