Handy:

IFB

Atrocious service
Jun 13, 2013 02:36 PM 4632 Views

Handy:

The service standards of IFB are atrocious to say the least. If anybody is planning  to buy an IFB product on the strength of German engineering and service standards, please remember that Bosch is no longer associated with IFB. And IFB without Bosch is a dead brand with no laid down standards for customer service at least.I own aIFB MaxiDry 100% dryer which I purchased last year. This product is within warranty period and I registered a complaint on the 10th of June 2013 that it was not working .

When nobody turned up till the 12th of June to service my machine, I called up the national call centre again at about 1600 hrs on the 12th and was told that the engineer had filed a feedback saying that there was no reply on the regd mobile number. This is an incorrect feedback since I have checked my records and have no unattended calls that day. In any case I do call back any missed calls that appear on my screen.  The call centre told me that they would put in an emergent service request and that somebody would call me.(I understood that to mean that somebody would call shortly, but of course IFB has its own definitions of the word word emergent) When nobody called up or appeared till 1230 0n 13th June (a full 20 hrs after their so called emergency request), I called up the call centre again to get another experience of unprofessional conduct. The call centre executive this time told me that she would again put in an emergent request to which I said pls tell me what happened to the last emergent request. She of course had no answer to that, so I asked to be put across to the floor supervisor. To which I was coolly told that the supervisor is busy on another call. I replied saying I would hold the line – after about 3 min of waiting , believe it or not, the phone was disconnected .

Now I cannot say confidence that the disconnection was deliberate – after all it could have been a sys error – so I called up again and got through to another executive( the name was Padma)  to who I explained the whole story again and asked why nobody has responded to an emergent call in 20 hrs. To which I was told “but my system shows that you have logged a complaint only today”. I repeated the whole story to her (patiently, even though I was at the end of my tether by now), and she replied that she cannot say why there is no response, but that she would  put in an emergency request. I asked to be put through to the supervisor, which she conveniently ignored and kept telling me that she will speak to the service centre and tell them to hasten the process. She even suggested that I speak to the service centre myself. This is the standard of IFB – their service centre does not deliver and instead of holding them accountable, what do they do – they palm off their work to the consumer by saying why don’t you talk to the engineer at the service centre.

Anyway, I repeated 3 times that I wanted to speak to her supervisor and after the third time she tells me that there is no supervisor present. Can you believe it? This is a call centre employee telling me that there is no supervisor present. I had to tell her that I am aware of how call centres work before she put me through to him. Enter the floor supervisor, Mr Debasish.This guy had probably retired from an position of unaccountability in the government and was moonlighting in the call centre.

He speculated  that the second request placed on the 13th must have got cancelled after the engineer’s report of “no response on mobile” and therefore they cannot do anything till the customer complains again. I asked why I was promised an emergency call on the 13th, if that be the case. And how the hell do I know that I have to call up again in case your systems are so outdated that they cannot show the status of a complaint made 20 hrs back? (I know the moron was bluffing – he probably has no idea how the system works- but that is just the point I am trying to make: customer service is nowhere on these guys’ agenda.)Anyway, we wound up with him promising to speed up the complaint. I asked him how long it would take for me to get a call from them, and he gives another gem of a reply – “I cannot comment on that, ” he says, “ that is something that is upto the service center and the engineer there!” This is a national call centre , mind you (18604255678 is the toll free number) and they are employing guys like this in the customer service industry. I had to ask him “ Do you mean to tell me that IFB does not have a laid down yardstick for addressing complaints: such as 24 hrs, 48 hrs or 72 hrs?” To which he finally said, yes: 24 hrs.

I own multiple consumer white goods from Samsung, Sony and Carrier and Philips, but in all my interactions, I have never ever experienced such casual response from any call centre/service centre. It’s the very worst- go in for IFB if you want indifferent and casual service is what I would advice

IFB Digital