Handy:

IFB

Ghost like problem in IFB AW60 8061 washing machin
Jan 16, 2018 10:29 PM 1898 Views

Handy:

I have anIFB AW60-8061 washing machine for the last 7 years, but only sparingly used. During the last two years, I started getting some problems.First, I noticed that it will not get power to pcb(no led s), even though the fuse is good and power cable is good and power is available right up to the PCB. Then, I noticed that after 10-20 minutes, when I switch on the panel button, all led s glow and the machine normally works. This phenomenon occurs very erratically. I called the service person, who after conducting a few checks by pressing hot/cold button, which, he said is part of check procedure, that every thing is ok including the PCB.

But I continue to get this problem very often. Some times, I can not switch on the machine even after keeping the power plug switch on for hours.

During the last few days, another new phenomenon is observed, in that, the moment I press the start button on the panel, the drum rotates with noise and then stops, and afterwards, the normal wash cycle is done.On enquiry, I found that the PCB, gear box and motor cost put together, will be equal to the cost of a new machine.Also, some people told that this IFB model is a failure and getting spare parts also is very difficult.

Thus, I am very much dissatisfied with the machine and I think, people should think twice before going to IFB products.

I will appreciate if some viewer can throw some light on the technical issues I have raised.

Thanks.