Finance Plans:

Timeliness:

No:54, Ekkatuthangal, Guindy, Chennai 600032, TN

Hyundai

+91-44-42642888

A service center that you should consider
Jul 11, 2009 12:24 AM 14368 Views
(Updated Jul 11, 2009 12:26 AM)

Finance Plans:

Service and Support:

Timeliness:

Hyundai Motor Plaza(HMP) Chennai is located in Ekkaduthangal, it is owned by Hyundai unlike other dealers. They have both sales showroom and a real good service center. I bought my Santro Xing from here in 2006, primarily because they gave me a better deal than couple other Hyundai dealers that I checked in the city and also because it is closer to my work place. I do not have any specific recommendation on whether anyone should buy the car from here compared to other dealers, my thinking is that it makes sense to buy from whoever is offering the best deal. Good to compare the offers of few dealers before choosing the dealer to buy.

But I vote for their service center, it is run by professional guys. I am a regular customer for the last 3 years and they do a good job. The primary reason for me choosing HMP over other dealers for my service is that HMP is owned by Hyundai. It is less likely that they will ask you to replace a part un-necessarily for commission because car service is not Hyundai's primary business. And I have not had any such experience so far. They have a good customer lounge, a big facility for service, detailed explanation of the work is given & usually delivers on time. Onething that I really like about them is the feedback mechanism, you can fill up a feedback form after any work and they act on it. I have received calls from them based on my feedback. They will also call back in a week's time after a service to check whether the work was done to your satisfaction.

You have to reserve in advance for periodic service(free or paid). The waiting time for paid service can be as long as 1 month, so should plan in advance. But they will attend to emergencies like breakdowns/failures without any booking.

I had 2 bad experiences in the 3 years of association with them. Once I gave my car for accident repair and they guys did not complete it properly. It was a deepawali weekend and I was told that people were in a hurry! I had to visit second to get the work completed. Also my indicator was damaged and initially they told me that it was the case when I gave the car, I had a long argument with the guy to accept it, finally they fixed it free of cost. In another recent incident, the service adviser who attended my car went on leave on the delivery date and no one called me, I had to go to the showroom to get my car status and the work was in-complete. I had to take my car again second time. I was really un-happy this time with the number of small things that they did not attend to.

Leaving the above 2 incidents, I am happy with my experience so far with HMP.

Paid Service Charges for Santro: 2.5K - 3K

Number of Times Visited: 10 approx.

Hyundai Car Hmp - Chennai