Leg Room:

Dealer Satisfaction:

Rs. 5,00,000 (Ex-Showroom)

Hyundai Motors

Don't Expect Much from Accent.
Sep 09, 2006 03:52 PM 9680 Views
(Updated Sep 10, 2006 11:03 AM)

Leg Room:

Dealer Satisfaction:

Hi Friends,

I owe a Hyundai Accent GLS petrol version, make year 2000 , done 83,000 Kms.

I am not that satisfied with its ride quality, Mileage & Suspension.

Moreover, one feels tired after driving for around 60-70 kms contineously, as the driver seat is not that confortable as that of Maruti Esteem or Honda City. Hyundai needs to add Lumbar Support in Driver Back Area.

Ground Clearance is also Very low, due to which one has to be very careful on speed-breakers.

Interiors are not placed with close tolerance, Due to which rattling sounds are very common in this Car. Due to which it gives feel of more like a prototype car.

I have faced a lot of problems related to the power window switches. They have been replaced twice in 5 years.

The Clutch is Hydraulic, Due to which Its not User Friendly for New Driver (One has to get used to it)

One Thing Worth Complimenting is its A/C. Its the best in its Class.

I am only getting a mileage of 9 KMPL which is very low in its class. The 1500 cc Engine does not provide the required power at 94 Bhp, which also is a dissappointing story.

If you are planning to buy one I would suggest for its Diesel Version CRDI, or go for the New Honda City, Because its worth paying more for lots more that you get from HONDA.

Happy Driving .............!