123, 1st Floor, Above Costa Coffee, Jyothi Niwas College Road, 5th Block, Koramangala, Bengaluru 560095, KA

+91- 9739120000, +91- 9845999741, +91-80-23413338, +91-80-23413337

Average
Oct 23, 2014 07:44 AM 1989 Views

Hunan has mixed reviews on various websites. Going with my instincts I decided to take my family out to Hunan on my birthday.

The décor and ambience of the restaurant was quite nice; Classy beige and little bit of gold and red. We were shown to our seats by a gracious host and were handed the menus. We called for the drinks first and they came in quickly. We called for some Hunan Chilly Crab and Singapore Black Pepper Prawns. Both of the dishes were alright, not great but not bad either.

For our mains we called for Braised Duck in Chili Oyster Sauce, Stir Fried prawns with broccoli, Oriental Fried Rice and Pan fried noodles with bean curd and mushroom. The duck was well cooked but the prawns were too dried, we understand that it is a stir fried dish but it doesn't have to be so dry. Oriental rice was unremarkable as well; the pan fried noodles were good.

The quantity of food overall was very less. We called for one rice dish and one noodles dish for four people but it wasn't sufficient. The quality of the food wasn't that great either; I would get better Chinese at an affordable price more closer to home. The bill was exorbitant.

It’s not a bad restaurant as such but I wouldn't recommend it because it was extremely expensive and the food was quite okay.

Hunan - Koramangala - Bangalore