Plot:

Performance:

Music:

Cinematography:

someplace India
DRAGON!! Consider it TRAINED!
Dec 30, 2010 12:12 PM 2376 Views
(Updated Dec 30, 2010 12:32 PM)

Plot:

Performance:

Music:

Cinematography:

I have hit a Dragon, Yes I'm a Viking by core, and now I have to Kill that Dragon, because it's what the Vikings always do. But How could I kill an animal. I Can't. I want to love them. I want to take care of them. I want to Train them. With this theme, the movie "How to train your Dragon" is made. And this movie is given by Chris Sandersand Dean DeBlois, distributed by Paramount Picturesand Dreamworks Animation. One word verdict - AWESOME! One of the best animation movie of the year.

There's a guy named Hiccup (voice by Jay Baruchel) who also happens to be the Viking clan-leader Stoick's (voice by Gerard Butler) son. Vikings always hit Dragons since Dragons always attacked Vikings. But this boy, doesn't like to fight unnecessarily, but he wants to be like his Dad, so he used one of his customized weapon and hit at the best breed of Dragon, also called as NIGHT FURY, which has the ultimate attacking power, it uses lightening, and no one has ever seen one. And his weapon attacked the dragon, on discovering he found that he actually hit it, and it is now caged in a lone natural surroundings of their island, since it has lost one of his wings, and now is unable to fly. Hiccup not only wins its heart, but also able to trained him. He named it "Toothless" and befriends him. Now he have a big task to do, to end the enmity between his clan and Dragons, and by winning everyone's heart like Astrid (voice by America Ferrera), a girl whom he liked, and after going through tough times of fightings and war, but in the end is successfull.

Well, the best part of the movie is obviously story, the thought the film writers given to it, Cressida Cowell(on whose novel this movie is based), and the screenplay is too wonderful, like every scene is perfectly planned, done by Adam Goldberg, Peter Tolan, Chris Sanders and Dean DeBlois. Dialogues too matched like the one when Hiccup is sad about his father's war against Dragons, he was standing and looking them going on a war, and his girl Astrid gave him the courage to do something, the dialogues goes like (not exact) - Astrid says "Do something Stupid", Hiccup says "I was stupid, but yes I can go crazy then". Then Astrid says, "Yes, crazy is the way to go."The animation was topclass, the war scenes are so wonderfully designed that you just watched it awestruck, and the expressions of all the characters were perfect, be it the Dragon even. I loved Toothless, he was black in colour, and was looking different then other dragons, have the ultimate lightening strike but he is lovable, acted like a small pet, when cared for, yes the perfect expression is one more plus point of the movie. It gave the feel of loving each other. Animals don't hit you if you present no danger to them - what a message conveyed!Background score by John Powell is perfect for a enthusiastic movie, and the editing by Darren T. Holmes is superb, movie is just around 1:40 hrs, no moment of boringness, I just stick to the movie, and watched it in one-go, it's so exciting and lovable. The voice over was fine for every character including the Hiccup gang voices and a main character Gobber's (the trainer) voice given by Craig Ferguson, except our main character Hiccup. His voice look more matured than the character designed, he should have given the voice of a boy (he was voiced like a grown-up man, Jay Baruchel is 28 yrs old, while the character looks like less than 18 yrs of age), the only negative point I found about the movie. Best scenes of the movie-:

1. Hiccup trying to show his courage and hit Night Fury.

2. His introduction with Night Fury, and all scenes including his interaction with it.

3. The training sessions of children.

4. War between Stoick's army and Dragons.

5. Astrid encouraging Hiccup to do his best to save the dragons.

6. Dialogue regarding killing and flying dragons between Hiccup and Astrid.

7. Hiccup's team wonderful fighting to kill the dynasaure-shaped mother dragon.

A second part is in progress, to be release in 2013, which I am looking forward to, this movie is a perfect timepass, it should be watched on big screen or home theater systems, but if you've missed, no problem, bring CD/DVD, watch it on small screen, as it will still feel great. I already have this novel in my wishlist, let's see when I will get chance to buy and read this wonderful story (I Watched it though!)

GRuchirG.