Road Grip:

Rs. 68,675 (Ex-Showroom)

Honda

Honda Shine is a worst bike to buy
Jul 30, 2013 01:20 PM 250641 Views

Road Grip:

I purchased a Honda CB Shine in Dec 2011 from KUN Honda, Vadapalani, Chennai. I did comply with the company's recommendation regarding speed limit of no faster than 50 kms for the first 1000 kms.

But it seems the engine is very low on output in terms of mileage (40-44 kmpl) and pickup, and I'm getting a feeling that the engine is about to seize.

As if this is not enough, right after the 1st service, I noticed an oil leak under the drain nut and service after service, I brought this to the attention of the dealer but to no avail. They have been able to trace the leak to a faulty washer but din't do anything about it for nearly 5 services.

Now when I shouted at them, they say the oil leak is because of a worn out nut under the oil drain hole. Probably, the engine is low on mileage because the oil leaked enough between the time I took delivery of the bike and the time of the first service, causing engine wear quite early on.

Although KUN Honda is an authorised dealer of Honda, the place where I purchased is a franchisee of KUN Honda, a shocking fact I came to know just when my insurance was up for renewal. I wouldn't have purchased if I had known beforehand.

The only redeeming feature of this bike is its suspension, which really is most effective during this time in Chennai, where Metrol Rail construction is underway in many parts.

Other than this, the bike is hardly worth 61K.

Honda Shine