Medical Care:

Near Canossa High School, Mahakali Caves Road, Andheri East, Mumbai 400069 , MH

+91-22-28248500

Mumbai India
Cheated me in Surgery Charges
Mar 30, 2016 01:25 PM 16188 Views (via Android App)

Medical Care:

Friends holy spirit is a landmark and quite an old hospital in andheri mahakali area. My personal experience is from month of december last year. I was taken here for investigating my left wrist as I had injured it. The OPD carried out x rays and directed me to their orthopedics dept. There the doctor suggested an immediate surgery. Me and my family panicked and I was admitted same day. They quoted the charges as 90000 whick included the imported plate for the bone for 25000. Later it turned out in the bill that the plate charge was billed at 32000. I really felt so cheated! How could they increase the charges in this manner! ?

The management had no answer saying that it is imported and sourced from third party.and said that it will be handeled by mediclaim. There is certainly a fraud in the background! Inflating the final bill and recovering it from the patient or medical insurer. The worst part was, after discharge when I showed my xrays to another private orthopedic surgeon he said there was no need for this surgery as the bone would have healed naturally! This was a real shocker!

Holy spirit hospital management is purely money minded and made it a business in the name of healthcare. Their social works dept also does not help financially weak patients much. Very disappointing. Also some of thier staff is very un co operative.they did not help me with the bed pan on the first day after my surgery.

I discourage everyone from going to this hospital. They cheat you in one way or other.

Holy Spirit Hospital - Andheri - Mumbai