Road Grip:

Mangalore India
Value for money
May 15, 2012 04:06 PM 12998 Views

Road Grip:

I was always wanted to buy a 150cc bike even though I had a 97cc Passion  Pro. I loved that bike which was giving me a decent mileage of  58  kmpl. I made a detailed survey on the internet about all 150cc bikes,  finally came to the conclusion to buy the all new muscular Hunk. As you  know the top five 150cc  bikes in India are being Honda Unicorn Dazzler,  Unicorn, Hunk, CBZ and Pulser as per mileage, durability and other  considerations... (Please forgive me if I left your road partner as I am  writing this referring some websites)

I ruled out FZ because it  consumes more fuel than other vehicles, Honda Unicorn is an old pal,  Dazzler looks odd, CBZ is not suitable for a guy like me who is 6ft tall  and weigh 80kg:-)

So my choice was Hero Honda Hunk. Once I  thought about buying it, I went the dealer and booked it although many  of my friends had remarked negatively against it. ( Reverse is never an  option). I bought a blazing red Hunk and rode about 1000km till  date. Never experienced a single problem whether it’s riding, comfort,   handling or mileage.

The pros are:

Look: Muscular

Comfort: Has GRS suspension offers smooth ride

Reliable: Has Honda engine and Hero Honda brand name

Handling: You may choose single or double disc brakes

Mileage: If  you ride it according to rule i.e. 30kmph upto 1000km and below 40kmph  up to 2500km, you will get good (better) mileage.

Believe me or not I am getting a mileage of 60kmpl.

Cons:

Brakes: The disc brakes are poorer than Pulser’s but serve the purpose.

Side stand: The side stands are not good and rightly placed.  Once my bike fell down on a tar road.( Bike’s heavy but stand is  weak... Now I park it on the main stand)

No kicker: Although the battery is good. I don’t know how to start it if the battery fails in heavy traffic.

But if you buy I bet you won’t regret.

Hero Honda Hunk