Road Grip:

Rs. 57,700 (Ex-Showroom)

Hero Honda

Good bike with less things to worry about.
Jul 06, 2012 06:48 PM 22333 Views

Road Grip:

I'm a proud owner of Hero Hunk which has clocked just 800 Kms. To be fair, the first 700 Kms was really a pain due to run-in period. Being a sensible rider, I made sure to do a proper engine-break in and perhaps I did it right. First of all, whoever told that Hero motocorp. I will be behind the competition as Honda has parted its way can check the sales chart from past 10 years. The chat itself says " Shut up, mind your own business " . Okay, Let me tell you about Hunk. Hunk is a great bike made for any any rider who wants big bike feel, quality a.s.s, Good quality parts, durable engine and trouble free maintenance for miles Now, let me tell you some PROS and CONS of Hunk which might help new users in their decision of purchasing bike.

Pros -

~ Very low maintenance

~ Acceptable mileage : 50-55 Kmpl ( if ridden below 60 kmph )

~ Stability at high speeds ( doesn't shake )

~ Very stable while braking

~ Good Top end : 108 Kmh

~ Excellent comfort for long rides for both rider and pillion

~ Good pick-up till 80 kmph

~ Great Reliable Honda engine will work for decades

Cons -

~ Rear mudguard hardly useful in rainy seasons. Make sure to have extra pair of pants while journey.

~ Not so effective front disc brake ( due to OEM non-asbestos disc pads )

~ Lack fun factor as Pulsar

~ Nuts , Bolts and metal parts gets rusted quickly in monsoons. Make sure to buy WD-40 spray to treat the moisture on nuts, bolts after wash / drenched in rain.

~ Vibrates between 55-65 Kmph , but not a big issue

~ No Engine kill switch :(

~ Headlamps aren't powerful at nights

~ Average Horns

Well, I took minute details within 800 kms of ride to help anyone who's looking for this bike. But I'm really very happy to have this bike irrespective of these Cons as they're actually small ( but I may have exaggerated ).

I'll definitely recommend this to my friend who wants a powerful bike with less hassles.

Hero Honda Hunk