Finance Plans:

Service and Support:

Timeliness:

M/S Mohana Automobiles 79/31, Wall Tax Road, OPP. Wood Warf, Surya Narayana St, Kalmandapam, Royapuram, Chennai 600013, TN

Hero

+91-1800-2660018

Consumer Ignorance At Its Very Best
Aug 02, 2013 11:45 PM 4889 Views

Finance Plans:

Service and Support:

Timeliness:

I would like to share my experience with Mohana Motors, Velachery, the hero dealer for scooters & bikes. Not just sharing, rather a caution to those who are thinking of choosing this dealer to buy their new vehicle. I have been there today to take delivery of a new bike (Hero Pleasure) which was booked a week ago. The vehicle was not getting started with the self-start mode while we just got out of the showroom & after the sales guy completed his duty (for the sake of it) of briefing things on the vehicle's aspects and usage.

It then started after a few attempts and we thought there wouldn't be anything to worry & would get fine as the vehicle runs, if at all there was anything to do with battery being cold or so. But the vehicle had stopped when we haven't even ridden 200 feet from the showroom. Now again the self-start does not go thru, even the kickstarts failed. The next shot that struck us was to check the fuel, we checked and found fuel tank completely empty.

We had enquired about the fuel availability in the vehicle twice before taking the vehicle (once at the time of demo) to which he responded saying there would usually be 1 litre of petrol at the time of delivery and suggested us to fill fuel in case we have to go long distance (but we thought we would not need to fill because the distance to our home from the showroom was roughly 4 kms & could be filled after on reaching nearby our home), we believed his words with the thought that there would atleast be half a litre.

But after we realized that the tank was empty, I could assume there was hardly any petrol in the tank & the dealer was IGNORANT enough not to bother about that. (a vehicle running just 200 feet from the showroom only gives me an assumption there was less than 25 ml of petrol in the tank, not sure even if that was there, as it could be like only the leftovers in the petrol passage lines of the vehicle was available).

Finally we had to push the vehicle to a nearby petrol bunk (which was roughly 0.5 kms away from where we were) and on the way was the dealer showroom, but unfortunately it was closing time for the showroom and I did not have a chance to get there and possibly curse them & spit on their consumer interests.

The sales guy who attended to us was Mr.Suresh, he never had the courtesy of a sales guy, he was behaving as if he was at the top of the world and consumers are of no worth for him (may be it is like this, why would he need to care about being approachable & courteous when he is is anyway going to get this bloody perks/incentives out of our purchase)! I get really frustrated to even recall the way his attitude towards the consumers had been.

I am thinking of calling them tomorrow to complaint on this subject, though my inner conscience keeps alarming me that, it would hardly be of any use to speak with them.

Finally, maybe, the whole dealer or the ones employed in the dealership centre have a deeply seeded thought of having made a lot of business and money already with their presence in the market all this while and hence they have probably forgotten their basics & initial days when they got in to business & the period of struggle that they may have come across, would that mean that they should treat their consumers like this?

I leave the decision of choosing this dealer to the readers of this review with that final question! I am totally unhappy, I now regret having chosen this dealer when I had other options around.

Regards,