Plot:

Plot:

Performance:

Music:

Cinematography:

There's every reason to hate the Hate Story 3! But still I ended up loving it. I was feeling extremely bored yesterday. Suddenly, I felt like watching a movie. So, I researched a bit on the recent movies and came across Vishal Pandya's Hate Story 3. The evening time slot of 7:30 in a nearby theater of my preference worked in favor of Hate Story 3.

Therefore, this was the primary reason or motive as to why I picked this movie to get rid of my boredom yesterday. Now, it’s important to mention that I haven’t watched the previous two hate story movies. As a result, I was not pretty sure about the movie and also did not have much expectation from it. But I was proved wrong as I quickly discovered that the movie is not only about hate; it is also about love, revenge, and some complex relationships.

The Plot in Brief

The plot revolves around Sia(Zarine Khan) and her husband Aditya(Sharman Joshi). The movie begins with Aditya in charge of their large family business. However, when everything was going well, and life appeared bright and comfortable for the couple, there came a big twist in their story in the form of a business tycoon called Saurav Singhania. After that you are bound to experience some intense business rivalry, indecent proposals, love, revenge, and almost everything.

Strong Points

The suspense, build-up of the suspense, and the intriguing twists and turns all throughout the movie are easily the main strong points. I thought the songs were wisely inserted by the director. I enjoyed all the songs, but still felt the music and the lyrics could have been a bit better. Now, Karan Singh Grover and Zarine Khan have done a reasonably good job as far as acting is concerned. In this context, Daisy Shah deserves a special mention for her strong and refreshing performance. However, I strongly believe that Sharman Joshi was nowhere near his best in Hate Story 3. As far as the strong points are concerned, I would also like to mention the scene where Vikram(Priyanshu Chatterjee) realized the real meaning of the word ‘brother’. It was a perfect example of powerful brotherhood where relationship of the blood is of no importance.

After watching the movie I also felt that the duration of 2 hours and 12 minutes was absolutely perfect for unfolding all the sub-plots.

Weak Points

I failed to understand the logic behind some of the events that took place in the movie. For instance, it was extremely hard to believe as to how Vikram survived a fatal plane accident caused by a bomb explosion. I mean the magnitude of the explosion was such that it was clearly impossible for any person to escape from the jaws of death. The cinematography was also a bit on the weaker side at the same time.

Final Verdict

Overall, I found the movie quite interesting in spite of the one or two limitations. However, this is a one-time watch film. Shows of Hate Story 3 are still running in some of the movie theaters. So, waste no time and go for it with your close buddies. After all, it would be a suspense thriller in a cold winter evening! Can you ask for anything more? All the best!

Hate Story 3