Parking:

Store Range:

Mumbai India
Very Good Shop
Mar 04, 2016 04:59 PM 1001 Views
(Updated Mar 04, 2016 10:57 PM)

Parking:

Store Range:

Until fairly recently, Philips Coffee and Tea Stores were a familiar sight in every suburb of Mumbai, with their regular local customers making weekly or fortnightly purchases of tea and coffee. Nowadays most of the Mumbai and suburban outlets have been closed down with just a few remaining. Surprising, since they seemed to do a roaring trade.

The Fort branch of Philips Coffee and Tea on Sir PM Road offers the best value for drinkers of real coffee in Mumbai. It is available as roasted whole beans or ground to your specifications. Philips at Fort stocks Peabury regular and Peabury premium under the brand name of "Highlander". Current rates are Rs 240 and Rs 250 per kilo respectively.

As a regular and I might add, extremely finicky coffee drinker, I have been purchasing my fortnightly supplies of Peabury Highlander coffee from Philips for the last two decades and have never been disappointed. The coffee is always fresh, the turnover especially at Fort, is very high, the staff are friendly, courteous and efficient in their service, and the price is competitive, in fact marginally cheaper than the famous Mysore concerns of Matunga or Canara Coffee in Fort. I have tried the competition and am proud to say that Philips quality is the best.

Philips also stocks a wide variety of teas at all price ranges. I am not a tea drinker per se apart from the occasional "cutting", so I cannot comment overall. However, I recently purchased a small trial quantity of whole leaf Darjeeling tea from my regular Philips Fort outlet, and I have to say that it tastes surprisingly good.

Hari Om Super Market - Kandivali - Mumbai