8, 36, Behind Gariahat Market, Fern Road, Gariahat, Kolkata, WB

+91-9051234134, +91-9830581024

Kolkata India
Healthy and tasty at the same time!
Sep 07, 2016 06:18 PM 1389 Views

The decision to try out Hanglaatherium recently ended up as a very good one. This food joint is placed very close to my home. So, I went alone one evening and opted for mutton chaap and mutton biryani. The biryani turned out to be just awesome! At the same time it was dry, and hence, quite healthy. I learned from the guy who handed over the parcel packets to me that Hanglaatherium as a principle of their own, never ever use banashpati / dalda or for that matter any type of animal fat in their biryani. This clearly is a plus point for those who are health conscious like me. The taste and quality of the mutton chaap too impressed me a lot.

As far as I can remember, the price of the mutton biryani was close to Rs.145 and the mutton chaap(including 2 pieces) was about Rs.125. Now, considering the taste and quality, I felt these items were reasonably priced! I learned from them that items such as fish banjara, chelow kabab, chicken masala, mutton kosha, and mutton hanglaabari are also extremely popular. I made a spot decision on that very day that I will definitely try these popular preparations sometime in the near future.

The only thing that I feel still needs improvement is their seating arrangement. Clearly, it should be more spacious and comfortable!

Hanglaatherium - Gariahat - Kolkata