Academics:

Student Engagement:

B-7,Gurudev Apartments,R.C. Marg,Chembur naka,near Akbarallys, Chembur, Mumbai 400071, MH

+91-9820428423

Best modern music education available—period.
Jan 09, 2010 10:54 AM 3584 Views
(Updated Jan 09, 2010 10:55 AM)

Academics:

Student Engagement:

The training faculty at Guitar Hall is pretty strong. I have been attending Guitar Hall – Chembur center since the past 3 years and I have had very few classes that I haven't liked. This is due to the teachers, the course content, and the environment.

First off I have to tell anybody who is reading this that might not have the patience to read the entire thing that the teachers here are top notch. Almost all of the teachers that I have had have been helpful, entertaining, friendly, funny, experienced, knowledgeable, and engaging.

Credibility is probably the most important trait for a teacher to have and I will tell you from my experience that there are few if any teachers here that lack credibility. And some teachers who lacked that have already been sacked from Guitar Hall. Most teachers are just about world-class players, and many have experience in a wide variety of other aspects of the music industry.

Guitar Hall front man Kiran Roy definitely has assembled his team of teachers based on experience, performing the skills that they will be teaching rather than Phd's who have a lot of experience learning about the skills they will be teaching.

One final staff-related reason that I chose Guitar Hall over some other music colleges in Mumbai is the diversity of the staff. I am a guitar player, and all of the colleges that I looked at had just one-two guitar teachers. Granted they were all really good, but Guitar Hall has about 8 guitar teachers that are all really good, and that are all teaching slightly differently. If you are interested in heavy metal you go to one guy, classical another, blues another, rock another, hindi songs another-all in the same department of the same academy!

The course content here is pretty impressive as well. I have spoken to The environment at Guitar Hall across all of their centers is perhaps the biggest selling point for me. I can't tell you enough(and I'm sure you've noticed) that having small classes suits the needs of a student(especially in creative situations) so much better than large lectures. Teaching is very personal, and teachers are genuinely interested in the progress of their students. The student deals only with the teacher at all times

Guitar Academy-Mumbai