Academics:

Student Engagement:

B-7,Gurudev Apartments,R.C. Marg,Chembur naka,near Akbarallys, Chembur, Mumbai 400071, MH

+91-9820428423

Outstanding!Hard work but worth it!
Aug 09, 2010 09:00 PM 4026 Views
(Updated Aug 09, 2010 09:03 PM)

Academics:

Student Engagement:

This place changed my life, for better and worse. Arguably, the best contemporary music schools in India, but for sure the best chain of professional music training classes in Mumbai. On last count Guitar Hall has 10 Centers which is a feat in itself something which Mumbai or for that matter India has never witnessed before. I have not seen anything like this before.

Like anything in life, your experience of Guitar Hall is dependent on what you put in to get out.

Most of my teachers at Guitar Hall are amazing, talented, caring people who taught me a lot about the Guitars and about music in general.

I am constantly amazed at the talent and the drive of so many of my fellow students. Just being at this academy where you have an automatic conversation starter of, "So which Module you are doing?" or "What kind of music are you into?" or “ Which piece you working on?” is like an instant bonding experience, the fact that everyone is there for the same reason, their shared love of music. I even fondly look back on the arguments I had with the hard core Rockers who thought Rock is the only kind of music ever worth of being recorded or played. Good times! And not to mention the huge posters of Rock bands put up all across Guitar Hall just making their case stronger. Guitar Hall founder Mr. Kiran Roy himself is an avid Rock lover I soon came to know, so the giant sized Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Pantera, Guns n Roses, Van Halen, Metallica and what not posters came across as no great surprise!

There are also quite a lot of jerks around.not sure if this is due to the age factor(Guys from high school or barely in college who somehow manage to play 2 chords think they are nothing short of celebrities), dudes who apparently think they are already rockstars!

The greatest thing about Guitar Hall is the teachers, if you use them to your advantage. I made friends pretty early on with the teachers so I always had the opportunity to be there for their amazing jamming and stuff, also getting lots of free practice time and extra lessons during non peak hours. Also being with such talented teachers and just to sit back and listen to them play is such a cool thing. If you jump in with both feet and practice your instrument the way your teacher wants you to, you get back a whole lot of rewards as regards guitar playing.

The one thing I would complain about is the lack of performance opportunities. But I suppose it's for students who are into higher Modules because I have seen students from higher Modules perform. There just aren’t enough opportunities for beginners. But then I guess you need to be good enough before you hit the stage. Check out guitarhall.in for complete details about the Guitar Hall Modules I am talking about.

Every day Guitar Hall is an absolutely amazing experience for me. Flexible timings make life very easy for working professionals like me. In truth, I did suffer a bit of burn out after doing my grade 2, being asked to work more on my grades, but I learned timing through grades and I couldn’t be more thankful that I completed them on their insistence as that played a major part on my feel, timing, speed and overall ability on the guitars. I wouldn't trade my time at Guitar Hall for anything else in the world.

Guitar Academy-Mumbai