Academics:

Student Engagement:

B-7,Gurudev Apartments,R.C. Marg,Chembur naka,near Akbarallys, Chembur, Mumbai 400071, MH

+91-9820428423

Chandigarh India
Must try for all aspiring guitarists.
Jun 07, 2010 06:41 PM 3644 Views
(Updated Jun 07, 2010 06:46 PM)

Academics:

Student Engagement:

I was fortunate enough to attend Guitar Hall 3 years back. I had already taken two years of local guitar classes prior to joining Guitar Hall and decided that I was not getting the level of instruction that I required. I was able to take private lessons with a local instructor in my area which did not take me beyond a few chords and scales which most of the teachers in India teach. When I walked in to Guitar Hall was one of the proudest days of my life. Being from north India it was slightly difficult for me to relocate to Mumbai. At first the whole relocation-first time from home thing was hard to get used to but the fact that there were many other students from all over India made it much easier for all of us. We out-of-Mumbai students had even rented a flat nearby where we stayed together, played together and partied together.

From the very start we were greeted by a staff of impeccable talent that soon had us working hard to achieve our goals. Many of us had stars in our eyes and dreams of being big rockstars or being discovered in the Indian Rock scene, which in retrospect was a bit naive but the magic of performing live did add to the experience in many ways. Since I had taken care of all of my basic guitar studies with my local teacher back home I was able to proceed onto higher Modules at Guitar Hall very soon. And with the help of Guitar teachers at Guitar Hall, I was able to take the vast amount of knowledge that I had been given and effectively translate it into my own repertoire. Although I did not become a huge star in the Indian Rock Circuit, I was able to go back home and be an active performer and educator which I am proud to still be to this day.

I definitely recommend this experience at Guitar Hall Mumbai to all who wish to pursue the guitar as a way of life!

Guitar Academy-Mumbai