Academics:

Student Engagement:

B-7,Gurudev Apartments,R.C. Marg,Chembur naka,near Akbarallys, Chembur, Mumbai 400071, MH

+91-9820428423

Perfect Place To Be In For Some Serious Training
Jan 06, 2010 07:34 PM 3371 Views
(Updated Jan 06, 2010 07:35 PM)

Academics:

Student Engagement:

I come from a suburban wasteland called Dombivli that has zero culture and zero exposure to anything musical that wasn't MTV. I thought I knew EVERYTHING about music before coming here. Once here I got knocked on my bum and was told I was no good and that I had to practice and work hard to become a serious and strong player. Most people take this the wrong way and just blame the system and go about their arrogant ways and just try to keep feeding their egos that they are God's gift to music. I on the other hand worked hard, studied, EXPOSED MYSELF TO ALL KINDS OF MUSIC, and tried to learn literally everything I could. Guitar Hall is a FANTASTIC music college if you want to learn about music. You're entitled to a countless amounts of resources, and teachers are professional guitarists hailing from different parts of India.

Guitar Hall is not going to make you famous, you need to go out and make something of yourself. If you're looking to get into a career to make a ton of money then don't come here, it's that simple. You should know what you're getting into BEFORE you come here. If you have a drive and love for music and can't picture yourself doing anything else, then Guitar Hall is the place to be. There are so many opportunities here. You can learn rock, funk, gospel, jazz, blues, and all kinds of world music. You study music with people who have won Awards right throughout India, people who are the REAL THING, not some random guy who teaches a few chords and scales from their homes!

The most important thing I can tell incoming students is that you need to have the right attitude and don't come here looking to be THE BEST because you wont be, unless you're just straight up ridiculously talented. come here to learn as much as you possibly can and to meet and play music with fantastic people. You're going to get beat up(musically), but it's not about how many times you get knocked down it's about how many times you can keep picking yourself up.

Guitar Academy-Mumbai