5, Ghanshyam Park Co-Operative Society, Dhole Patil Road, Pune 411001, MH

+91-9892141014, +91-20-26136268, +91-20-26166268

The Taste of Punjab ... !!
Nov 30, 2005 12:38 PM 3845 Views
(Updated Nov 30, 2005 12:38 PM)

Hi all, this is my first review on Restaurant's ....

I stay in Pune and work in Koregaon Park(KP) thus I know a lot of places to eat n drink in this part. Well Great Punjab is on top in my list. The main reason I go here is the ambience of the place just fabulous..... next comes is the Food quality which is really awesome.Then the drinks I can have which includes Wine's, absolut Vodka to name a few....but this is not the main reason.

As a punjabi I am fortunate enough to have the knowledge of what a good punjabi dish is and how to make the same. Also what goes into the making of one good punjabi dish. The guys here almost knows all of that so I found this place as the best I can have on the name of a punjabi food. Among my favourite's here are Mhaa ki Daal(Dal Makhani), Reshmi Kabab, chicken Peshawari .............

I would like to elaborate the ambience thing which I said earlier....when you enter your attention will automatically be directed to the huge punjabi written boards on the walls....they read : Punjab-the land of five rivers.....then Jee aanya Noo which means Welcome. Then have a look at the menu....it has this beautiful corn on it ..!!

All in all they have taken great care in making this place as a place to have a good time.

I will not stop myself from pointing out some flaws as well. They have a lot no. of waiters which often leads to a situation of Chaos. You ask one to brinig Chantili and the other one will get you a vodka, so this is it. Also they have a smoking n no-smoking separation in which some class of people who don't smoke sits and then complains about the smoke which I feel is not the problem for Restaurant to deal with but yeah they should ask them well before .

All in all it's a good place to have food.

Regards