20, Raheja Arcade, Koramangala, Bengaluru 560034, KA

+91-80-41104104

Bangalore India
Disappointed!!
Dec 08, 2012 05:10 PM 2316 Views
(Updated Dec 08, 2012 05:33 PM)

About five years back, I had been to Gramins with friends of mine and had a memorable lunch - thanks to an earthy ambience, attentive service and decent food. In memory of that, I, a hardcore non-vegetarian decided to treat my mom, a pure vegetarian to this place. So, I called today morning at around 9.30 am and made a reservation for late noon (2.30 pm). While making the reservation, the staff member was courteous and I had no inkling that their service has reached new standards and unfortunately, not for the better.

My mom and I reached the place five minutes after the reserved time, hungry and hoping for some good food. Imagine, to my rude shock, when a staff member who handles reservation tells me that even though I have a reservation, I would still have to wait at least for 30 minutes or so. Meanwhile, I was advised to place an order and he directed me to a table with a pile of menu cards. I was aghast, and told him that if I had the time to wait, I wouldn't have bothered with a reservation. I was hoping to educate him why there was a procedure of reserving tables. It is one of the ways a guest/ customer ensures that he receives prompt service. To this, he had no answer and in response, he decided to disappear. This staff member did not have the courtesy to even hand me the menu card and apologize for the unwarranted delay. After this, another staff member appears, I voice my concern, and he tells me to place my order with some staff who is already taking orders with a group standing besides us. I was too frustrated at this absolute lack of etiquette and arrogance, I simply told him I have no order and to cancel my reservation. He had no sense of regret. Maybe, they should just tell prospective customers- no advance reservations, we prefer to make our customers wait and make ourselves feel important!!!

I used to recommend this place to my friends, especially the vegetarians. But, I guess that’s something I wouldn't being doing anymore.

My advise to the owner and staff, time to pull your socks up - you still have a good reputation, live up to it!

Gramin - Koramangala - Bangalore