Plot:

Plot:

Performance:

Music:

Cinematography:

Sometimes, although you like something, you need to confess your choice is not the best. One fine example is GOLDFINGER. Though my personal favourite is The Spy Who Loved Me starred by my favorite Roger Moore I admit Goldfinger is the best Bond Movie ever ever made. I just bought this movie's DVD bcos of its fame and realised that all Bond movies are here only bcos of this *movie. Goldfinger is generally considered the classic and the greatest Bond and I would, tend to agree.Goldfinger is the perfect ensemble of Bond, Bond girl, master minded villain, gadgets and the best henchman ever. Goldfinger, I think, set the *bar for any future Bond installments and really made sure that they would all judge themselves against this one to make sure they all meet the same level of quality. He knows how to really draw you into the story and create this really terrific spy caper flick. This one takes the story into our own backyard by bringing it into the USA.The women are beautiful, the money is endless, and Connery as Bond is in full form as never before( and never again) . This is definitely the BEST Bond film to date.

Sean Connery returns once again and shows exactly what made him the perfect choice for Bond in Dr. No. He completely embodies James Bond and makes him exactly what he is. He returns in Goldfinger with this cocky, egotistical, suave, dangerous super spy and I love every minute of it. The phrase "Men want to be him and women want to be with him" suits him pretty well. He spends a lot of time captured in the movie but still makes being a prisoner looks good. Gert Fröbe is the appropriately slimy Auric Goldfinger. He is the polar opposite of Bond in every way.he's sleazy, uncouth, portly, stocky and the perfect adversary to Bond. He is diabolical and we love to see him get his justend against Bond. Honor Blackman plays the infamous Pusssssssy Galore. She is feisty and strong and seems thwart Connery's charms at first. Harold Sakata is the one and only Oddjob, the infamous henchman that keeps Bond in check at every turn. Their lengthy battle in the end of the film is memorable and a lot of fun. As always Bernard Lee and Lois Maxwell make their obligatory cameos in the film as well. Last but not least - the Aston Martin DB%. This revealed to the world what all a car can be! Ejector seat, Bullet Proof glass, saws attached to wheels - a few to say only makes it the most perfect British masala movie.

Everyone just makes a really good performance and the story is easy to follow and a lot of fun. It adds the best elements of spy thriller with a caper type film as Goldfinger attempts to rob the one and only Fort Knox. Now I will say that I think Goldfinger took being campy to a whole new level and yet it works for the film. The scene where the entire military drops unconscious to Goldfinger's gas is completely laughable and yet almost disturbing at the same time. I also thought it was very clever that when you thought it was all over you get one last terrific battle between Bond and Goldfinger and his end is classic and the perfect death for a villain of his stature. Goldfinger was the greatest movie in its era. Gold plated woman, gadget laden car, Oddjob, Pussee Galore, actual LASER's actual depiction on screen took the world by storm. It will keep you riveted and teach you exactly why James Bond is the classical precious British Hero that he is.

Some Quotes:

Goldfinger: No, Mr Bond. I expect you you die.

Sierra :Mr. Ramirez and his friends will be out of business.

Bond: At least they won't be using heroin flavored bananas to finance revolutions.

Bond: Shocking. Positively Shocking.

Pusssy: What happened? Where's Goldfinger?

Bond: Playing his Golden Harp.

Colonel Smithers: We, here at the Bank of England, Mr. Bond, are the official depository for gold bullion. just as Fort Knox, Kentucky is for the United States. We know, of course, the amounts we each hold, we know the amounts deposited in other banks, and we can estimate what is being held for industrial purposes. This allows our two governments to establish, respectively, the true value of the dollar and the pound. Consequently, we are vitally concerned about unauthorized leakages.

James Bond: I take it you mean smuggling.

Colonel Smithers: Yes. Gold, gentlemen, which can be melted down and recast, is virtually untraceable. making it, unlike diamonds, ideal for smuggling. attracting the biggest and most ingenious criminals.

Bond: You're a woman of many parts, Pusssy!

Bond: Ejector seat? You're joking!

Q: I never joke about my work, 007.

Bond: [after Oddjob has just cut a statue's head at the golf club with his hat] Remarkable. but what does the club secretary have to say?

Goldfinger: Oh, nothing, Mr. Bond. I own the club.

Pusssy: My name is Pusssy Galore.

Bond: I must be dreaming.

Goldfinger Movie