Swindled on cancellation
Jun 08, 2012 12:49 AM 4060 Views

Most of my issues have been already covered by other reviewers.

I had booked Airline tickets for Spicejet - but had to cancel the tickets.

They charge Rs. 200 over and above the airline cancellation rate if cancelled online and Rs. 250 if cancelled via phone. However, this is not mentioned clearly in their terms and if you read it, you will miss the fine print and assume (as I did) that the cancellation charges were Rs. 950 per passenger on Spice Jet as compared to Rs. 1, 200 that I was charged. I tried to cancel my ticket online but could not find that option anywhere. I had to finally call the call center to cancel - who mentioned to me that the online cancellation option disappears 24 hours before the flight. This has not been mentioned anywhere.

In addition to this, I was charged an additional Rs. 100 - which the agent claimed was to pay the payment gateway. This again was not mentioned anywhere.

To put it simply, I ended up paying Rs. 2500 when I thought I would be paying Rs. 1900 - and should have paid Rs. 2, 300 (considering their own cancellation charges). I was left with an extremely bad taste in my mouth and will never do business with this company again. I hope for the sake of all the people swindled by this company, that it shuts down miserably - in the same way the parent company (ibibo) suffers today.

Lesson learnt. Never book from third party websites. Instead directly book from the airline website.

Write a Review on Goibibo.com