Handy:

Godrej

Great for making lassi, not washing clothes
Jul 02, 2009 06:28 PM 4552 Views
(Updated Aug 12, 2009 06:09 PM)

Handy:

We had the misfortune of buying a Godrej washing machine two years back in Bangalore and have regretted it ever since. Why Godrej when there is Samsung and LG, you might ask?

Sheer sense of misplaced national pride I should say. I wanted to buy Desi so our country benefits and not Korea, but the machine just refused to perform.

At first the inlet wouldn't fit our tap. So the service person gave that excuse and disappeared.

When I attached it myself he came for demo, wearing soiled clothes and torn shoes. He needed the machine more than we did.

Anyways, after the so called repair, when we switched it on (with a half load) it started making thunderous noises. So we call him again. This time they take the machine into the ICU (Their HQ) for a so called 'service'.

It came back but thankfully the noise had disappeared. Only to reemerge during the spin cycle. And what a thunderous, deafening noise it was. It alerted our neighbours as to what we were up to, everytime.

When contacted, they asked us to redistribute the load during spin. Which we did for sometime, till the time it just wouldn't behave. So I said 'enough is enough' and stormed to their office on Kasturba Road, to see the manager.

The manager promised to help, and sent a technician but the problem remained. After sometime, we decided to get rid of it and bought a Samsung in Exchange. It very much reminded of our earlier workhorse, an LG, which lasted us 7 years.

Godrej SmartWash Auto Deluxe