Handy:

cochin India
Poor service support
Mar 23, 2009 03:27 PM 8000 Views

Handy:

In August 2008, I purchased a Godrej GWF 600FX 6kg fully automatic washing machine. The machine came with a 24 months guarantee.

I settled for that brand since my dealer assured me that they have good service support. Since the machine was used by me & by my family members we were quite satisified by its performance.

In February, 2009, the machine started giving me trouble and since it was covered under guarantee and as a matter of precaution, I raised a compliant with their call centre. The technician visited my place and checked the machine and did not find any problem. After 2-3 days, since the machine did not perform properly again I called them and even in this occasion, the technician never replaced any part.

Since the machine totally stopped functioning after 2 days I called them and requested them to send a more competent technician . But the same techinician came & he told me even without opening the machine, that there is some mechanical failure and a part needs to be replaced. He came back with a spare part, probably which was also a damaged one and tried to repair the machine with no use.

He then told me that since their service centre does not have stock of the particular spare part, he will put the back into operation as soon as the spare part is available. Then, in the evening I checked up with the service centre, who in turn told me that the particular part is out of stock and they have placed an order and will be serviced within 2 days, After a gap of one week, since I did not hear anything from the service centre, I called them again I got the same reply the spare is yet to reach them.

Since I had no alternative, I checked up their website, which was neither updated nor had any contact numbers of their executives. They had supplied a feedback form, so I filled the feedback form and sent mail to their National Service Head. Even the email did not receive any response. On the next day, I contacted their call centre asking them to give me the phone number of their service/sales personnel and the reply I got was the spare part is not readily available; hence the machine will be set right within 48 hours.

They were testing my patience. The call centre people did not divulge any of their phone numbers too. Then I got wild with them and threatened them with legal action if my machine is not serviced within the next 24 hours, since already one week had elapsed from the time I registered a complaint. The local service centre, in the evening called me & informed me that the spare part is being dispatched and will reach them in 2 days time and thereafter they will service the machine.

Ten days after the complaint was raised, another technician arrived with a spare part and installed in the machine, but the machine was not functioning to his satisfaction. After several attempts, he found another part has got damaged, which had to be replaced and assured me that he will be back in half an hour with the spare around 12.30 pm.

Poor guy, he left his tools and bags and left from my place with an assurance he will be back soon. There was no sign of the part or technician up to 5.30 pm, I called the service centre and they replied me they have not received the spare part still, so they are not in a position to render service that day. I suggested to them, since you are not in a position to service the machine and none of your executives are available over the phone, kindly arrange for a replacement of the machine, since for the last 10 days, I was unable to use the machine.

Then they gave me their service executive phone number and he assured me that he will get the machine serviced the next day. I had no other alternative but to fire him and request him to give a replacement machine, because I was not convinced that their technician will put back the machine into operationeven the next day.

Immediately, since the company was not in a position to render me service, I called up my dealer and explained to him the situation and that I was sitting at home taking a day off from my work just to get my machine serviced. He assured me he will talk to company’s executive and called me back after 10 minutes that they will service the machine by 7.30 in the evening. By 7.00 pm two technicians came with the spare parts and put the machine back into operation before 8.00 pm.

The company’s executive visited my place next day and says he was not aware such pending service and had I contacted the dealer even earlier, the service would have been done earlier itself. Is it the fault of the customer, the company does not supply spares to its service centre and the service centre does not have qualified technician. The company has a call centre where we register our complaints. Do the executives not get the reports or stauts of the complaints registered.

In today’s life the domestic equipment are not luxury/comfort items, they are bought for convenience sake and if the manufacturer is unable to render suitable service, that too within the guarantee period what is the fate of the customer.This is the kind of service rendered by one of leading home appliances manufacturer in India, who claim they have service centre all over India and they have their own manufacturing plant in India and they are not outsourcing the manufacture. Cavet Emptor-Let the buyer be aware of the fact the manufacturer of consumer durables can take them for a long, long ride.

Write a Review on Godrej GWF 600FX