Accessibility:

Accessibility:

Security/Immigration:

Infrastructure/Facilities:

Taxi/Rent-a-Car:

Just now, I checked into the Goa's Dabolim airport for my flight to Delhi. I have been here a few times in the past. My previous experiences here were just about average, however, today's experience was below average.

I can clearly see a shortage of staff here. The number of flights has increased here, still the staff here has remain unchanged. There are very few security check counters here, so security is a major issue. There are not enough signage as well and you have to walk a lot when checking into the airport till the security counter at the first level. Even the staff is not particularly friendly. They usually keep on chatting instead of attending to the passengers' needs.

Since there is a lack of CISF personnel and airport staff here, the queue at the security check was literally endless today. It took me more than 1 hour to get myself checked. The main departure waiting area is at the second level, so again you have to walk a bit. Here, the seating space is pretty narrow and I could see a lot of guys standing or squatting on the floors waiting for their arrivals. Some of the restrooms here are in deplorable condition. They literally stink and proper cleaning has not been done in many of the restrooms.

In addition, you would not find many eating options inside the airport. I checked the price of snacks at one of the food courts and the prices were literally sky-high. The entire airport feels congested and it can get pretty hot here in summers, as air-conditioning does not work properly. Overall, the airport needs to expand its limits a bit and add more staff to ease out the difficulties faced by the commuters.

Goa, India (GOI) - Dabolim Airport