Was the tour operator helpful:

Tour Guide Expertise:

Travel Convenience:

Difficulties faced during our overseas trip
Sep 21, 2015 11:24 AM 2584 Views

Was the tour operator helpful:

Tour Guide Expertise:

Travel Convenience:

We had booked tour arrangements to Malaysia and Singapore through Go world holidays, Chennai well before the travel date. My passport was due to expire in another 5 months and I was not aware of the fact that a visa could not be obtained if expiry date is less than 6 months.

The travel agent who used my passport for booking tickets didn't inform me about this. He kept on dragging the visa application process and when he applied for visa just 10 days before the journey, he told that visa got rejected and I will lose 31000 INR flight charges. I took all possible efforts to renew my passport, get the visa and make the trip as planned which was so painful.

Every time I had to call him n number of times to get confirmation. I got the booking confirmation after 45 days of payment which was supposed to be given to me within 8 to 12 working days. For getting it after 45 days also, I had to make hundreds of phone calls to the agent.

Everything in Singapore was arranged so well. But in Malaysia, none came to pick us up. After waiting for an hour, we engaged a taxi by ourselves to go to the hotel. Call to the  hotline number was not picked by anyone. Daily pick up was also delayed and so we were not given enough time in many of the places as scheduled. We were not picked up after the cable car ride to Genting highland and we were asked to walk for 2 kms in a hilly terrain. We both are aged above 60 and after walking 2 kms, we could not see anything and took rest.

In total we wasted our hard earned money in Malaysia trip. It created so much of tension rather than entertainment.

GoWorld Holidays - Chennai