Network:

GioneeElife S5.5 It's Slimmest but not the Coolest
Sep 22, 2016 06:03 PM 1860 Views

Network:

Charges and Billing:

Slim & Sleek smartphones are the newer trend which is making all the news and that's what Gionee Elife S5.5 has to offer as they claims this device to be the world slimmest.

Ankit & me had a similar belief so we took no time to order one from Flipkart.

Hold! that's not all I am going to lay down all that we have experience after using the device for a month.

Let's check them out:

The Down-Sides(THE CONS):

#1 Firstly what really annoyed us is the custom Amigo 2.0 skin where you can't add a widget of your own it's kinda pre-costumed.

You don't see this in other android devices.

#2 This is the most irritating part for me, in Gionee Elife S5.5 you can't replace the 2300 mAh battery so if you find your phone got hanged, the only option that will be to reset or switch off the gadget for a while.

You will also see the battery get heated without power usage or playing games.

#3 The speaker at the backside-bottom is pretty ordinary in terms of sound quality(being a music lover isn't definitely not my device).

#4 Another very bad feature is has only 16GB internal storage without any provision to expand further, so if you have carry lot of datas, video or music in a phone then - this one is a NO NO!

# 5 Although, it doesn't matter to me but still like to add another downside of the device.

It doesn't support dual sim mode you can only use single sim for this phone.

At this age of smartphone innovation where dual sim is the most obvious feature found on other devices, this is something not expected from this flagship device.

A few good parts(THE PROS):

#6 Looking at the all over body, the volume rocker buttons & power keys have a good feel, above it their is a headphone jack opening which supports 3.5mm headphones.

#7 A good feature(that's my favorite!), it has a double tap enabled screen to awake up the phone(so you hardly require power button).

#8 Although you don't get the Chrome Browser(as usual on other androids)but the Pre - Installed UC Browser is a perfect replacement I believe.

Although you can install Chrome from Play Store at any time.

#9 It does focus lot faster with it's rear camera of 13MP & the picture quality is quite good but I expected a lot better considering the price tag near to 20K(Rs. 20, 000).

To conclude the review with my unbiased Rating. I will give

Gionee Elife S5.5: 2 Stars out of 5