Was the tour operator helpful:

Tour Guide Expertise:

Travel Convenience:

+91-901515454

Bangalore India
HORRIBLE experience - suggest to avoid this can s
Sep 19, 2015 01:44 PM 10080 Views

Was the tour operator helpful:

Tour Guide Expertise:

Travel Convenience:

I was over-charged and cheated of Rs.1000 by this agency/driver/.  Getmecab doesnt have a transparent smooth process for billing, and it is seems they enroll the services of drivers who are goons wanting to rob people of their hard earned money.

I had booked an Innova cab for round trip to Bangalore airport from my Whitefield residence and was given a quote of Rs. 2000, 8 hrs/80kms, with Rs13 per additional km and had to pay Rs.300 as advance, which I paid online. I was also told the distance will be calculated from garage to garage(garage in Vijayanagar).

My family and I used the Innova for travelling to Bangalore airport from Whitefield(51kms 1 way) and drop back to WHitefield from airport(51 kms) within 4 hours. The distance from garage(Vijayanagar) to Whitefield is 30 kms at the most. Hence, I should have been actually charged the following:

Garage to Whitefield  30

Additional kms to be charged(162-80)= 82 kms@13/km=  Rs.1066

Minimum fixed fare quoted=  Rs 2000

Additional night driving charge=  Rs   200

Total charges= Rs. 3266

Hence, I should have been asked to pay Rs.2966(3266-300 advance paid online). Instead, the driver did some strange calculations and demanded Rs.4500! When I asked him to explain, he again recalculated on his mobile 2-3 times and changed the amount to Rs4100!

When I asked him to explain the distance run, he kept changing his version and finally said 220 kms! When I told him I too am from Bangalore and know the distances and explained how the total running kms works out to 162 kms, he did not have an answer and said I am confusing him!

I asked him to call the GetMeCab office to settle the bill, he said they have asked him not to disturb since they will be sleeping. Finally, he again did some calculation and demanded Rs.3900. I told him I have paid 300 as advance and showed him the proof too, he said he knows I have paid it but refused to deduct the advance since the GetMeCab guys didnt ask him to deduct it from the base charge of Rs.2000. He said he needs to be paid 3900, and we had to finally pay this to get rid of him since he was just arguing with us on the road at 3.30 am, and we had tired, senior elder citizens of our family waiting for this unreasonable dispute to end. Hence in effect, we ended up paying Rs.4200(3900 cash to driver+ 300 online advance) for something that should have cost us only Rs.3266 at the max.

My family and I are completely disturbed by this pathetic, unprofessional behavior and cheating. If they can harass and cheat local people like this, I can only imagine how they'll treat people who are from out of the city.

GetMeCab