Plot:

Cinematography:

Earth!! India
Dimaag Gayab?
Jul 19, 2004 02:09 PM 3306 Views
(Updated Jul 22, 2004 03:43 PM)

Plot:

Performance:

Music:

Cinematography:

Well I saw Gayab and I guess there was always this obsession with invisible men since the time HG Wells came out with his novel '' The Invisible Man''. In Hindi movies atleast some of which I remember are Mr. X, Mr.X in Bombay (or should that be mumbai now?), the ever popular Mr. India and a host of other Lord knows what.

When I saw the sneak peak I thought ''Ok here's comes another one of them invisible movies''. But RGV name as the director came as a complete surprise. Apna Ramu aur aise movies bana raha hai? Kya baat hai.( Our Ramu is making such a movie? interesting!!) That finally weighed down on the decision to go for the movie. Tickets I got quite easily since I telephone booked it on Friday for Sunday 22:00 show. Nice and easy.

Unfortunately I am a bit disappointed with the movie. I was a bit puzzled what RGV was tryin to tell the audience or what he was conveying. Become invisible, do what u want and later become good? People will actually forgive you. Come on!!! Give me a break. The screenplay was also extremely poor. The songs were not upto the expectation as well.

On the positive side the actors did a good job. Rasika Joshi as the dominant mother was awesome. Raghuvir yadav (of Mungeri Lal fame) played an amazing role as a docile husband and Tushar was good as the loser. He suited the role very well and managed to pull it off to the right expectation. Govind Namdeo did an excellent job as the inspector. Raman Trikka I would not comment much. The only part he had was of a rich stud who appears bright until they start speaking. I dont know about others but personally I did not like Antara Mali's character shown as a Bimbo.

Overall I would suggest that if you really wanna see the movie please do not expect the RGV quality that usually we take for granted in his films. If you have nothing to do and just want a complete time pass then maybe you can watch this movie

Gayab