Leg Room:

No for the servicing
Feb 12, 2007 06:38 PM 6912 Views

Leg Room:

Dealer Satisfaction:

I purchased my Ford Fiesta 1.6(Petrol) in Oct 2006 and overall I am pretty satisified with the car.

Most of it is good about the car  - Features, Interiors, Performance, Mileage(10.6 kpl which is pretty good for a 1.6 compared to the rest in market)

However, this is a GOOD car troubled by BAD servicing.

I must tell you that the service technicians have very little knowledge and I have never seen a middle aged man in the servicing centers with almost all of them being young inexperienced fellas.

No car is perfect and like any other car even my car has few glitches which I have complained about in the last 3 servicings and never got fixed

1. The tail lamp never works. There is an electric problem because of which it shorts withing few minutes/hours that I get it from the service center everytime. They just replace the bulb and give it to me everytime.

2. There is a hauling noise from the engine section which is very low and has to be listened carefully but it is very irritating to hear even a little noise in a car which is otherwise so silent when it is turned on. Everytime I complain about this I either get responses that they are not able to hear it(deaf guys) or they have fixed it(they think I have some kinda mental disorder)

3.  Car doesn't have a problem handling bumps, but roads that have cuts, it seriously suffers and it has hurt the shocks quite a lot. The car gives a big shake and there is also some problem with the right shock. Again, they say that there is nothing wrong with the car(One guy even told me that it is designed to be that way). I gave up trying to convince them.

1. The car handles bad roads pretty well but surprising on rough roads(roads that are good but aren't smooth) the interiors are quite noisy. The list of things that turn noisy only keeps increasing and nowadays it's the driver's door.

Leave alone the additional problems that you complain about, they don't even do the things that are in their checklist during the free servicing. They didn't rotate the tires as I saw that my left tire which had a crack was at the same end.

Forget trying to get the car fixed, it is impossible for them to diagnose the defects as they do NOT have the aptitude and attitude to fix the car.

Ford Fiesta