Leg Room:

Rs. 10,19,000 (Ex-Showroom)

Ford

Fiesta: Love this car even after 81k KM/ 5yrs
Nov 04, 2008 08:30 PM 9666 Views
(Updated Feb 08, 2013 08:17 PM)

Leg Room:

Dealer Satisfaction:

I picked 2 fiesta's from 2 different dealers, Needless to say different customer satisfaction !!

Strong build, Superior diesel engine and Built for Indian conditions were the main factors I considered before buying Fiesta on July 2007.

METRO FORD, Bangalore

My first Fiesta was purchased from Metro Ford in Bangalore. That was an amazing experience, all finance work and car delivery was hassle free and on time.

In first 3 days I clocked 1500 KM !! Since there are several getaway destinations we drove outside Bangalore almost everyweekend. After clocking about 6500 KM in 3 months the Air conditioning stopped working just 2 days before leaving to Goa. The AC pipe was broken and the gas leaked off. It was a design fault in the car hence my dealer Metro took care of it in warranty. The damaged part was not in stock but Metro got it overnight and repaired the car next day. They saved my Goa Trip !!

The next month I relocated to Hyderabad. On the 4th month from purchase the car clocked 12000KM, I gave it to Fortune Ford in Hyderabad for its 3rd crucial service.

BAD experience at FORTUNE FORD, SanathNagar, HYD

Fortune Ford in Sanath Nagar was terrible to deal with. Incidents that happnd:

-  I had issued with them right from getting someone to register the car for service to delivery time.

- Though I had purchased Ford Total Maintenance Plan which covered all service expenses, according to the plan I need not spend any money during service for consumable items like engine oil or any part that needs replacement. Fortune Ford couldn't see this plan on their systems as Fords CRM tool was not online. They had the audacity to tell me that I will have to pay for the service and took the issue as if its my fault. After several STD calls to my dealer in Bangalore and to the dealer in Hyd  it was all cleared and my car service was done free of cost.

- During the time of delivery after service I noticed that a Swarovski crystal pendant hung in my car was missing. I couldn't remove this as it was a permanent fixture but I noted this in the service sheet. After involving the customer relation manager and creating a scene in the presence of other customer they suddenly found this inside my car. Strange isn't it !!

That same evening after taking my car from Fortune Ford I met with an fatal accident. It was a strange accident to me as the car spun 180 degree and rammed a tree, It was a side impact which crushed the car and pushed the drivers seat where I was onto the gear lever. I survived the crash !!

Thanks to the strong body shell it took all the impact and saved my life. The car was beyond economical repair.

Experience with MODY FORD, Hyderabad

The car was towed to Mody Ford, another dealer in Hyderabad. We decided to write off the car to insurance as the repair costs were close to the cost of a new car. After that I had a nightmarish experience with ICICI to get the insurance amount. I will write a separate review on ICICI but for this my advice "Never Never Never (yes typed three imes) go for ICICI Insurance, even if its free of cost".

Mody charged me Rs250 per day as parking charges. The supervisor whom I dealt with was more for the Insurance guy than me.

After all the fight with Insurance, I had to pay Mody Ford Rs20, 000 Thousand as parking charges.

In Feb 2008 I once again chose to buy Ford Fiesta from Mody Ford. This was my experience...

-   At the time of delivery the I was asked to pay Rs 50, 000 more than the agreed downpayment amount. The sales agent knew this but didnt bother to inform me.

-   The car had light scratches on the bonnet..They assured to fix it during Teflon coat which was offered free of cost.

-   The  left headlight had vapor, I was told that it would go off in few hours.

-   The next day when we went out of city for a short drive the car refused to start.

-   The free Teflon coat was infact just waxing, they fool customers.

-   It took them 2 months to register the vehicle, the temp registration is valid onlu for a month. I was unaware of the temp registration, coz in Bangalore the car is registered on the same day of delivery.I was fined by AP cops.

-   I could not take the car out of state because of registration issues and had to spend more on other mode of travel. After spending 8 lacs on new car.

-   After 6 months during monsoons the vapor remained in the headlight. They only replaced it after some screaming and shouting.

-   Going by the problems I decided to purchase extended warranty for 3rd year. After few days the confirmation I got was for 2nd year. Why will I pay Rs 7000 for 2nd year again ? This is still not resolved.

-   My RC has typos

I also got another friend of mine to buy this car from Mody at the same time. So 2 cars booked.

He too is not impressed with the experience with Mody.

Recently a complaint he made with the car was ignored saying nothing wrong but when showed to Metro Fordin Bangalore they immediately replaced a part uner warranty !!   Wow... That boosts our confidence on the technical expertise Hyd dealer has.

Experience with FORTUNE FORD, Towli Chowki

Going by the experience I tried out newly opened Fortune Ford in Towli Chowki. To my surprise they have done a great job so far.

I got the 3rd service of 10000KM done with them. All is fine now.

Today, Nov 2008 I took the car for some rattling noise and they fixed it promptly.

As long as in Hyd I would prefer them now, but they dont have complex facilities like painting and body work. They refer to Fortune Ford in Sanat Nagar which I dislike.

My friend who picked Fiesta along with me once tried SanatNagar dealer, they successfully managed to irate him. So mine was a wise choice.

My conclusion:

Ford Fiesta is a fantastic car (Product) but the Ford customer care and most of their dealer are useless.

I loved the car hence I purchased it for the 2nd time. If there was any option of buying a diesel car of that segment from Honda, Toyota or Maruti, I would have gone for it. I mailed Ford about my experience and they have not responded in a acceptable manner.

My request to transfer the Total Maintenance Plan was refused.

I dont think any customer after having spent around 16 lacs  in buying their car will appreciate their service.

Wake up Ford, Only good products are no good. Time to care for your customers.

You got repeat buyer just coz Fiesta is a great car & SX4 was not in diesel... Learn from Maruti. I also have a Maruti. Ford is no way closer to Maruti. - DeepakDsz At Gmail Dot Com

Done 81, 000 KM on ODO as on Jan 2013. Car is now 5 yrs old. Manages to hit 170 KMPH max.

No complains (not even a rattling noise this far) and no major maintenance expenses come up so far.

Radiator cooling fan failed while out of town, the local Ford dealer there fixed it in 30 mins, this part costs 5k/-.

Upgraded the High beam to 100W (no cable upgrade required, unlike for other cars),

HID in fog (very effective in low visibility) and LED parks (no reason why :p ).

Still love the drive this car offers.

Ford Fiesta TDCI