Leg Room:

Rs. 10,19,000 (Ex-Showroom)

Ford

Ford Fiesta TDCi V/S Hyundau VErna CRDi
Jun 12, 2007 03:25 PM 7784 Views
(Updated Jun 12, 2007 10:28 PM)

Leg Room:

Dealer Satisfaction:

Seems like this forum is full of Verna Enthusiast.

I wanted to buy a car within 7 -8 L. looking for some value for money.

I decided to go for diesel, my usage is around 2, 500 per month. I was almost certain for Fiesta(after the test drive) then I heard about Verna and its whopping 110 BHP. I went to hyundai for the test drive and then again test drive Fiesta to compare them.

Here my review:

The not so good looking verna ready for test drive. Couldnt notice the engine sound, the car is definitely fast. 110 Bhp . but where would u drive it man?. The interior is somewhat like accent(i already have one) bit more roomy. The acceleration was quick, tried my best to use its whopping 110 BHP. it accelerates fast but then u HAVE TO apply brakes(welcome to Delhi!). The gear shifting is FREQUENT and INCONVENIENT. Someone said it can move at 25-20 in 3rd gear. No guys it just cannot, u have to shift to 2 gear or it will give u jerks. Car was quick to respond to steering. Breaks was good( not as good as Fiesta). Suspension is good. I didnt get the driving a'big car' feel( is it a plus point?). . if I am buying an 8L car I wanted to feel that i'm driving a sedan not santro. The car is definetely NOT made for city driving. I feel if u've give a . sigh!. 110 bhp power to a car it should not LOOSE its GRIP on road. Verna was difficult to manouver in traffic.

I decided to test drive Fiesta again(immediately after I test drove verna).

Ignites, No engine sound. The interior/exterior is definitely much better than Verna. Low bhp? I didnt notice it . the acceleration was good and driving comfort and suspension was excellent(it absorbs all the potholes) . And most important: - I noticed the gear shifting inconvenience that I had to go through while driving Verna. The car was completely whithin my control throughout. the feel of driving a'Sedan' was there. The manouverism within the city was excellent(much better that verna), more comfortable. The rear space is less than verna . did anyone said boot space is also less? the specification in front of me

Boot Space(liter)    Verna-352       Fiesta -430

was telling a something different. Even if I take those words. i'm 5'7" . I was more than OK in FIESTA.

Everything was just so right about this car. Verna is certainy better on highways . but my dear friends . I spend more time driving in the city, not on the borders.

*Consider what u want from the CAR before spending the hard earned money!.

Write a Review on Ford Fiesta TDCI