Leg Room:

Defective Engine and False Promises
Aug 20, 2019 09:11 PM 7141 Views

Leg Room:

Dealer Satisfaction:

My car is Ford Ecosport(Mars Red) bearing the registration number TN03T3004 purchased on 31st August 2016 has been given a defective engine and would require the replacement of the engine and not the parts of the engine.

On July 31, 2019(evening) my car had a battery issue at my residence where I was unable to start my car. On calling the helpline, they said to jump start with a local guy and bring the vehicle to Chennai Ford Service centre at Arumbakkam. The next day morning I jump started it with a local guy and brought it to the service centre at Arumbakkam. On inspection, the service advisor at Arumbakkam said there was not only a problem with a battery but the Engine oil and coolant are getting mixed and they said the vehicle has to sent in for repair. After that, they said there is a problem with the engine and the entire unit has to be removed and rectified. I got a call yesterday that the entire work is done and I would need to pay extra for the battery which was my chief complaint and my car is well within the warranty period. I have also paid for Extended Warranty till 31 August 2020. Throughout this period there has been 3 - 4 service advisors speaking to me, and the last one who spoke said like "if you want to change the battery, you change, but you need to pay extra for the battery inspite of the warranty as the warranty for the battery is for 2 years or 40000 kms". I said we were not informed about this on purchase of the vehicle and no sales representatives has told us. I am not happy with this service of removing the entire engine and rectifying it by parts and have no hope in how the engine will work after this.

I told them to replace the engine under warranty and they are very much not concerned in changing. I have got calls from Ford India that there is no issue with the engine and are trying to mask up. People from Chennai Ford have told me that they have worked with the engine whereas Ford India have told us that the engine has no issues. If the issue of changing my engine to a new one is not resolved, I'm planning to take the case to the consumer court. Please suggest

Ford Ecosport