Leg Room:

Dealer Satisfaction:

Rs. 8,90,000 (Ex-Showroom)

Ford

Ford -Trusted brand fails to deliver performance
Mar 21, 2019 04:11 PM 3437 Views

Leg Room:

Dealer Satisfaction:

Ford EcoSport 2018 1.5 Petrol Manual Titanium 1.5L Ti-VCT

Pros: Chose car for good looks, loads of features & brand. Learnt the hard way - do not be blinded by looks only pls check and compare other better options available in this segment. A piece of free advice -purchase diesel variants, say no to petrol drinking petrol variants Will not suggest anyone to go for Ford Ecosport

Cons:

I purchased ford ecosport facelift titanium petrol variant on 23Feb’18. I am very disappointed about mileage. Dealer Hans ford said wait till 5000 km we will sort it out. Post first free service my mileage dropped from 8kmpl to 7.2-7.6 kmpl. Since then till now its giving the same. One year service gave at Dhruvan Ford, but no good. Only empty promises the mileage problem still exists.

POOR FUEL EFFICIENCY – I was told at 3 different showrooms city mileage would be about 13kmpl, but Very poor milage 7.6 kms per litre in city in traffic conditions 30-40kms speed. Worst fuel economy measured till date

Mileage test by Ford yielded 9.6kms with no Ac running and driving in non traffic time at speed of 50-60kms. Lots of false promises - If any Ford representative is reading would like to bring this to your attention- STOP FOOLING PEOPLE .Give them the actual facts and I will be surprised if anyone will buy from Ford.

Cons: Highway struggles to give 14-15kms/litre . Mileage and Mileage only. makes me wonder did I make a wrong choice.

Cons: Poor post sales service, auto lock not happening. Was informed since everything is software driven it will be taken care of during first year service. Post service still not happening.

Cons: Sluggish 2nd gear Gear shift from Ist to 2nd is slightly rough .

Cons: Stiff suspension hence on bad roads passengers are thrown all over.

Cons: Space constraint – rear seat. Not a true 5 seater. 5th person will face discomfort.

Good car to buy provided one is willing to spend a fortune on the monthly petrol bills. I completely regret buying this car and and thinking of selling this off and buying some other better vehicle.

Summary- Comfort wise and looks - one of the best vehicles in the segment, mileage wise very poor performer.

Areas to improve – Mileage, mileage, mileage……; rear a/c vents; though it is said A/C is very powerful, in summers rear seat passengers feel discomfort and fan speed has to be increased to 4 points else, they do not get proper A/C.

Write a Review on Ford Ecosport 1.5L Petrol Titanium MT