Readability:

Story:

Flowers in the Attic, glad I'm not one.
Mar 07, 2006 10:37 AM 2662 Views
(Updated Mar 07, 2006 10:37 AM)

Readability:

Story:

Flowers in the Attic is one of the best books I've ever read. My friend lent me the first three books in the series. I couldn't put it down.

Extremely well written, at least I think so, but I'm only in yr 10. It grips you and won't let go and I need to say it. it leaves you on the edge of your seat.

Apparently it is based on a true story as readers of the third and final book of the series will know.

The loss of their father in a horrific car accident leaves the four Dollanganger children fatherless and their mother a widow. With all their possesions repossed by the bank they are forced to move in with their grandparents. Locked in an attic, starved, whipped and poisoned the Dollanganger children dwindle to three.

It's as good as Darren Shan, still dosen't reach Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings standards.

The two sequels, Petals on the Wind and If There be Thorns, are just as good as the first. I found that the first and last are the most dramatic though.

An overall fantastic book with heaps of detail (I hope I didn't give too much away.)

Flowers in the Attic - Virginia Andrews