G-2, Metropole, Near Inox Multiplex, Bund Garden Road, Pune 411011, MH

+91-9021160070

A money minded and unethical restaurant
Jun 01, 2012 12:59 PM 2001 Views
(Updated Jun 01, 2012 01:37 PM)

They are neither fair nor respect their customers.. if you can tolerate eating at a place that may make you feel insulted, differentiates based on how much you will be spending, please visit this place otherwise, read on...

I went there with my kid (2.5 years) and wife to have dinner on Saturday night (26th May 2012) at around 8.45 pm. On knowing that we were just two members to dine, the gesture & body language of the staff told me that I don't care about such small groups. He kept us waiting. One more family came after us which had just 2 diners like us and kept waiting.

After wait of 15 minutes, a third family came which had 3 diners and were put in wait queue like us. Just then a table got vacated. As per the queue that table should have been given to me. But the staff gave it to the family that came last. On being asked about the reason, the staff told they had reservation. When asked in whose name reservation was made, the staff couldn't answer it, they couldn't even tell name of anyone from the family to which table was given.

The third family also confirmed that they had not made any reservation. The restaurant gave them table immediately as they expected them to generate a bigger bill. Being caught red handed the staffs were speechless and ashamed. It was clear that not just the person who was managing the queue but entire team was part of this differentiation and insult. I couldn't wait there to eat the insult anymore and left the place immediately after registering my protest with the staff.

What a shame that premium restaurants like Flags does such cheap tricks for little money. Flags if you are reading, do you understand the value of brand and reputation?

Note: In the above section of rating I didn't wanted to rate for Food and Presentation as I didn't eat anything there, but due to it being a mandatory input, I had given an average rating.

Flags Restaurant - Bund Garden Road - Pune