G-2, Metropole, Near Inox Multiplex, Bund Garden Road, Pune 411011, MH

+91-9021160070

Excellent Service and Too good food
Sep 12, 2011 02:00 PM 2921 Views

Hi All,

I have moved back from UK recently and was in search of a restaurant which will serve food which suites my taste. I am a great fan of Indian food but I am open to all tastes. My friend recommended Flags and I was ready to try it. We arrived at 10PM on Saturday night and to my surprise we got a table right away. On the first sight of the restaurant I was a bit disappointed. The place looked old with dim lights. We were seated on the sofa and the table height was not perfect. There were cigarette burns on the sofa. I was a bit worried on what’s coming my way next.

My son just eats pasta and so my first order was placed in first 5 mins. Then we all started struggling with the menu and I decide the best option, call the head waiter/manager and ask him to help us decide. We were severed by Jatin or Jastin(sorry I have a bad memory).

I started with Beer. I like the thai beer ‘Tiger’ which is rare to find in India. Jastin was very polite and humble and suggested that they are running an offer on german beer. 1:1 free. I said I need to drive home so will like to have 1 pint. He mentioned that the beer is nice so I went with that option. As we were hungry we wanted the starters ASAP so he very rightly suggests nachos… Great nacho, the taste was not very much Mexican but was very similar. Then for the main course he asked us our likes and suggested us to go for Indonesian food. I had never tasted it before so we all jumped to same conclusion. ‘YES’. He served us a nice lightly spiced noodle. Amazing taste was very different to the usual Chinese and Thai noodles. Then he suggested a Spanish dish. Spinach stuffed in cottage cheese/paneer. Wow that was the best dish to have. While ordering he also warned that beer wont go well with these dishes and I should try some red wine. He really knew his kitchen taste and had good knowledge about wines. I am impressed to find such a cool person to serve me.

My son becomes cranky towards the end of mean so I had no option but to go and get his toy from the car. Jastin managed to catch hold of a person to help me out. That’s what service is all about. As soon as my beer was over he got me the second free pint with out reminding.

The food was awesome with excellent service. I would definitely go again. This place is only for those who are open to new taste.

Do try it out guys….