G-2, Metropole, Near Inox Multiplex, Bund Garden Road, Pune 411011, MH

+91-9021160070

Flags pune
Jul 14, 2007 02:19 PM 3426 Views

it was my birthday and we zeroed in on FLAGS to spend the evening as I had got great reviews from friends.We had a hard time finding it as it is quite inconspicuous from the road.but once I entered the place it was busy and well breathtaking with elegant ambiance and a certain quiet and dignity that ruled the place.

a very well spoken and courteous attendant waited on us patiently as we went through the menu and ran us through the specials.I wanted some wine but my folks thought 18 was still not old enough to be having wine with parents so I ended up with iced tea as usual (it was a bit different  with pudinah in it).gin and tonic for the gentlemen which was certified as good

moving towards the starters I dont exactly remember what we ordered but it was some cheese dip thing.

as for the main course I wanted greeek food and dad was skeptical about trying new stuff so he stuck with his usual margherita pizza (which was better than pizzahut).

i had moussaka and filafel and pasta.(i dont rememebr exactly which sauce etc we went a along time back )

the pasta and mousska were simply sumptuous .i didnt like the filafel which was a tortilla like thing.

and as it was my birthday my brother had them sing a birthday song for meand well it was quite embarassing with 20 people standing around you and singing for you with everyone around watching.

The service was excellent and fast . the attendant and waiters patielntly servd my dad's requests which are soemtimes weird.

the portions served were huge and we couldnt finish all of it.

the only irritating thing was when a litttle brat started running all around and even started messing with the food the waiters were serving. but a few minutes and one of the staff deftly dealt with the situation and told the parents to politely manage the kid.

when the bill arrived we were a tad bit surprised as we had expected it to be more but it was very decent considering the quality and size of the serving

i suggest they keep a good in house music band because the music wasnt that great.

all in all it was a very special evening! do visit this cozy place with great food

Flags Restaurant - Bund Garden Road - Pune